1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Speed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bolitar, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Bolitar

Bolitar Guest

I have succesfully backed up a few DVD`s now using DVD Shrink 3.1. The guide tells me the encoding process should take between 15 and 60 mins. However it seems to take me about 3 hrs. The initial analysis is also slow - about 5-10 mins, compared to the guides suggestion of 30 seconds.The writing takes about 30 mins.

I have a NEC ND-1300A (4x) burner. I suspect the problem could be my memory (64MB), but would appreciate if someone could confirm this and perhaps recommend how I could go about speeding up the process.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

It sounds like your memory is your problem. 64MB really isn't enough. I'd upgrade to at least 256MB or preferably 512MB.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Bolitar,

I tend to agree wholeheartedly, 512RAM would be a nice neighborhood but if not that at LEAST 256 - increase your RAM and the times you were looking at will be yours -

Nothing wrong with your burner, I stay with Ritek and Verbatim +R media. Check Meritline.com for good prices.

You will find that the only -R media our burners like is AZO (top-of-the-line, super dye stuff).

Pete

4. Bolitar

Bolitar Guest

Thanks Vurbal and Pete.
    Looks like more memory it is.

Happy burning.