1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding stuff

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by hk2npck, Jan 19, 2004.

1. hk2npck

hk2npck Regular member

alright, I tried the mpeg tools in tmpgenc and it worked for cutting out scenes from mpegs, but the reencoded material's sound is aobut 10 seconds off. any suggestions/other programs I could use?

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Tmpgenc"s Mpeg tools "Merge & cut" does not "Re-Encode" your Files it does Lossless editing with no encodeing...The Problem is that if you try to cut an Mpeg file on a Frame that is Not an I Frame it will automaticly Jump to the next I frame in the Video to make the Cut But it does not jump to the I frame in the Audio so you get Sync Problems ..All editing has to be on I Frames or you will have Problems...Try useing this editor for cutting but make sure you do all of the cuts on an I Frame :
    http://www.marumo.ne.jp/mpeg2/m2v_vfp-0.6.47.lzh
    The editor Program is the file named "mme.exe" it has a setting to allow you to moove to the closest I Frame so make sure your Mark In and Mark Out points are on these I Frames...Cheers
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]It"s better to be Pissed Off than Pissed On!!![/small]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2004