1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding to Real?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by nuclear81, Oct 21, 2004.

1. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

Hey, I know hardly anyone out there likes or uses Real as their media player of choice. But I am wondering if anyone knows any way to encode in a Real format without having to get their software. I used the demo version and although it works quickly, the output is pretty bad. Thanx

2. manyone

manyone Member

are you referring to their realproducer 10 demo? you can click on audiences and remove the 3 (demo has max of 3) audiences listed there (which are for really low speeds - including dial-up users!) and replace them with your choice from the list - i've used pocket-pc audience and it's a good enough resolution. i've been able to convert avi and wmv to rm and reduced the file size considerably.

3. nuclear81

nuclear81 Member

Yeah i know, I played around with it a bit and am not totally happy with the quality of the results. Although there doesn't seem to be too many alternatives out there I am not going to spend money on the full version if I'm not happy with the demo.