1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding widescreen

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DVDN00BI3, Jun 11, 2004.

1. DVDN00BI3

DVDN00BI3 Member

Hello people. I am using TMPGEnc. The thing is, when I encode a movie and burn it to dvd, it turns into fullscreen. I would like it to stay wide screen. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

2. SadJoker

SadJoker Regular member

was the movie FS(full screen) in the first place? usually DVDs at least they used , used to have both FS and WS versions on the DVD and you hadda pick which one you wanted to backup. if you got lucky the DVD was small enuff in overall size to backup the whole DVD with both FS and WS on it. anyway..

I dont much use TMPGEnce, too much hassle for my taste.. Good luck finding an answer to your question!

3. Buik

Buik Regular member

Depending on your DVD player, your may be able to adjust the aspect ratio on the screen. If it is burned as wide screen tho, you will lose some of the picture on the left & right sides.

If there is an option on WS or FS, choose the one you want. It may not be apparent on the file tho. Trial & error it. At least with what you are using.

You might want give DVD shrink a try. It will show you if there are two different video files.

TC

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Stretch the cash. Bargain hunting. System is not static.[/small]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004