1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"End of song" transition help

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Nephtys, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Nephtys

Nephtys Member

Well, When I listen to songs on the Ipod [I have an Ipod 30 Gb Vid], and at the end of a song, there might be a 2-5 second pause [<--of course, that's how it is even when using CDs].

But, is there a way to do it like iTunes? For example. What I did was, hook up my Ipod to my computer, opened iTunes, Clicked on "Owner's Ipod," then selected a random song for good measure ['cause I love all my songs--so far, only 19(yes, I'm picky of my music.)] So the song plays, and The last 3 seconds of the song, it fades into the background and the next music plays overlapping the last song while it finishes it's last three seconds. Is there a way I can set up my Ipod like that?

Also, I'm having trouble with my Shuffle settings. What I tried was going to Settings > Shuffle, then changed it to "songs," But what happens is that, let's say i pick a song from one artist, Michael jackson > beat it, then the next song is "billie jean," then that's the end of the shuffle.

I tried going to Settings > shuffle, then changed it to "Album, it does the exact same thing.

What I want when I want to set my shuffle mode "on," I want it to act like a regular Shuffle, as if I actually clicked "Shuffle" under "Settings." It plays every song I have in Random, whether or not I pick the first song or not.

Thank you all.

2. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

You mean the crossfade? Nope, iPods do not support crossfading (yet)
    As for the shuffle settings, unfortunately, if you pick the same song under the same shuffle settings, it will play the same song next. I guess it's not 100% 'shuffle', but that's the way it is.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, lol :)