1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engineer replaced wrong motherboard!!!

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by ohmss, Feb 13, 2010.

1. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Hi All,

Hope someone could advise here.

I bought a LG hdtv about 2 years ago. Within 2 months I had to have the engineer come out as the hdmi input wasn't working. After that everything was o.k up until about a year later when any signal going through it was all fuzzy and static and it took about 1hr to clear. Unfortunately by this time my warranty had expired. Today I was having a look in the settings for something as I still use it in the bedroom as the av1 input works for normal tv. I happened to come across diagnostics and was shocked to see that the model number and serial number do not match the actual tv. Judging by this it seems that the engineer who fixed the hdmi originally placed the wrong motherboard??? Would anyone know if I have any rights with regards to them addressing the issue although the warranty is up?? thanks to all

2. dailun

dailun Active member

1. How do you know that it's "wrong"? Many manufacturers implement parts that are usable across several models.

2. In order to have a claim you need to prove that the motherboard that was replaced was INCOMPATIBLE with your TV.

I don't think that you have a claim.