1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EPG Starview 4 USB

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by bax290979, Dec 16, 2008.

1. bax290979

bax290979 Member

Hi all,
    just wondering if anyone elses epg is absolutely pants on the starview 4 usb since theyve put the new fix on their box.mine was spot on before i updated, now i cant get nowt up.ive tryed the download epg thing on the menu but that only brings a few up n then im back to nowt.anyone no why like or wot i can do???

2. malci

malci Guest

A lot of people have reverted back to the older versions of firmware, and manual input, it is the newer firmware that is buggy I'm afraid.

3. bax290979

bax290979 Member

Hi malci,
    thanks for replying mate,think il do that.had quite a bit of a chew on with this new firmware.
    cheers mate

4. malci

malci Guest

Think you would be better off until it gets ironed out, good luck ;)

5. Fozz33

Fozz33 Member

Hey all. First post!
    Anyway, getting one of these any day now and I was just gonna flash it to firmware 1.05 (am in Ireland) and be off with it.
    But are you guys saying I should flash to an earlier firmware or is it just the UK 1.06 that's problematic?
    Cheers.

6. malci

malci Guest

You go ahead with the 1.05 for Ireland and see how it runs for you okay, you can't do any harm, if it suits then there is not a problem.

7. smirno

smirno Member

Hi there,
    Were you able to get the EPG working?
    Im on the StarV1ew 4 Super USB and its working grand, just the EPG stopped working, i tried v 1.02, 1.05 and 1.06 - none of them can show the EPG, also i can't find the emu option anywhere, can anyon help? much appreciated, cheers thanks

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  8. malci

malci Guest

The Emu is now now called the Keycode on that model.

9. smirno

smirno Member

Thanks Malci, i have that enabled, strange thing is my other box is working fine so it must be whatever firware i guess?

10. malci

malci Guest

Well the only thing to do then if one is working fine for you, just go to menu and down to System Information and check which Firmware you have on the box that you are happy with, and flash your other box with the same Firmware, then the job, as they say, is a good one. Cheers ;)

11. smirno

smirno Member

Cheers Malci,
    Thanks.

12. malci

malci Guest

Your welcome smirno, you take care, and have a safe and good one okay.

13. bax290979

bax290979 Member

Hi all,
    just letting u know i got the epg problem sorted on my starview 4 usb.I flashed with the 1.07 update and it still wasnt working so i went into the main menu and set the date/time to the correct settings and its spot on now.hope this helps yaz out.

14. smirno

smirno Member

HI Bax,
    Thanks for the update.
    I found if you turn the time to TDT auto its able to read the time from the input source? i had it on manual and had to keep resetting the time when power to the unit was cut.
    Regards,

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  15. bax290979

bax290979 Member

Hi smirno,
    i just leave my box on all the time,the epg was fine when i first got the box it was when i updated to the 1.06 firmware it went tits up, but as malci said in an earlier post that firmware was buggy so hopefully with this new firmware(1.07) things will be sorted.
    regards
    bax

16. smirno

smirno Member

OK good stuff - i dont like leaving the unit powered on all the time, but when i turned it back on the EPG wouldn't work because it seems dependant on having the correct time set, by default the boxes use manual time set, if you use the TDT auto it seems able to read the time off the input source.
    Its working fine now!

Have you tried any of the Mpeg software for them?

17. bax290979

bax290979 Member

smirno,
    good to hear everythings working fine matey,whats the mpeg software for like havent really looked into it?

18. gus84

gus84 Member

hi everybody i have just bought starview 4 and wanted to know how to flash it and where to get the firmware from

19. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Latest firmware revision is 1.07. You will find this and the logo file in Eamos at the end of my post.

Just go to the Box Super USB folder, you will find all you need, i.e. guides etc.

20. gus84

gus84 Member

hi i been on 4shared but there isnt any 1.07 software and do i still use gtrom loader to put the firmware