1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson Print CD

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gdoc, Mar 26, 2005.

1. gdoc

gdoc Member

I was merrily using my new Epson Stylus Photo R800, printing CDs with the CD printer function, using Epson's bundled software, Epson Print CD. Suddenly, for no appartent reason, when I try to import a picture into the CD design the program stops responding. I have uninstalled, restarted my computer and reinstalled the software and the same thing happens. I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice. Still, each time I try to import a photo it stops responding. It happens without fail. And this after having printed a couple dozen CDs, each with a different photo imported with no error or problem. What's happening? I love the CD printing capability of my new printer, but now I'm dead in the water.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does it print on paper no problem??

3. gdoc

gdoc Member

Yes, the printer works fine. It's the Print CD software that crashes. And only when I try to import a photo into the design I'm building.

4. ddp

uninstall, cleanout the program file folder of that program, download & run ccleaner from www.ccleaner.com, defrag your hd than reinstall the program. check epson site for update & faq

5. gdoc

gdoc Member

Thanks, ddp. I'll give it a try.

6. gdoc

gdoc Member

Whoa! I did all that - uninstalled, deleted all file folders from the HD, downloaded and used ccleaner, defragmented the drive, reinstalled the software and voila... still no luck. When I attempt to import a photo during the design process the software stops responding and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Delete/Task Manager out of it. I'm at my wits' end. Any other suggestions?

7. djcsurf

djcsurf Guest

What version of Epson Print CD are you using?

There is version 1.20e out but you'll need to browse the net to find it. (I downloaded it from Epson but it wasn't the UK site, sorry cant remember which one it was)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2005
  8. cazcounty

cazcounty Member

my print cd started doing exactly the same on sunday.
    if you solve the problem let me know please...ive spent 2 days trying to solve it with no luck.
    everything works fine until you try to import a picture then it just stops responding....wierd.
    worked fine for months then just stopped.

9. thenewboy

thenewboy Member

i had this problem but it was because i had too many images in a folder, so i took some images out, *(the ones i wanted to import)* and then created a new folder, put the pictured i wanted to import into printcd in there.. imported them and it was fine. :D

if this helps anyone please let me know, it helped me.. have a go see if it works..

i think its just a problem with epson printcd only being able to read a certain amount of images per folder.. because of course it does display each and every one of them as a thumbnail..

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  10. cazcounty

cazcounty Member

tried this first as i thought the same....
    split the folder in 2.
    still dosent work.

11. cazcounty

cazcounty Member

SUCCESS.....cheers newboy,
    when i split the file (of around 1000 images...which used to work)into 2 new files of 500 each it still didnt work.
    now i started a new file just adding 1 label at a time and its working fine again.
    thanks.

12. ddp

teach & learn

13. gdoc

gdoc Member

Hey - all of you that helped with this issue... THANK YOU VERY MUCH. The last fix is the one that works: keep the folder you are using to import your photos from to a manageable number and size of images. Turns out I had several hundred TIFF files (each one about 14MB). This is why the program was not responding...it couldn't load all those large TIFF files. I reduced the number of pictures in the folder and the program once again retrieved the images with no problem. In the future I will also use smaller JPEGs rather than the large TIFF files. So, THANK YOU, thenewboy, cazcounty, djcsurf, and ddp (especially for teaching me how to "clean" my computer. So long 'til next time...

14. ddp

hopefully no next time but never know with computers. teach & learn