1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson PrintCD doesn't work with Vista...any alternatives?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by mrchub, Feb 15, 2007.

1. jenko12

jenko12 Member

2. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

Hi not to sound like an ass. but you quoted an earlier question that possible solutions were suggested.

have you not searched this thread ? many people have already found methods of getting around it.

cheers

3. rgm001

rgm001 Member

For $21.95, you can buy Acoustica CD/DVD Label Maker. It is a fantastic piece of software that is so superior to Epson that it is impossible to compare. I use it for DVD's and Jewel Cases with great success. I gave up on Epson PrintCD a long time ago (page 1 of this thread).

4. mackasmac

mackasmac Member

fair enough. that is of course what the thread question asks in the first place.

with a little looking around and trying things is what id advise before buying 3rd party cus print cd does for me exactly what its called. not saying acoustica software isnt any good cus i aint used it.

but y pay for it right when print cd can be used so easily ?

each to their own though

5. coldwash

coldwash Member

Newer versions of nero have cd label printing software integrated.

Billy

6. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

We're not talking about printing labels, we're talking about printing on the surface of inkjet-printable discs. Can Nero Coverdesigner do this? (It's an honest question, since to the best of my knowledge it can't.)

7. coldwash

coldwash Member

yes, ive done it in nero before on both my epson r200 and my rx595. but i dont remember which version, and i no longer have nero installed.

8. mrchub

mrchub Regular member

And you did this successfully using Vista? Thx.

9. aguatec

aguatec Member

To Menoscabo.

Thank you for the tip on the Epson print CD for Vista ;it worked just fine. And you English is fine by me.

Shane

10. BJM2788

BJM2788 Member

Have just got Epson print cd working with vista run normal prog when you get to print options do the following settings on your printer
    Best photo, manual cd/dvd ,a4 portrait ,tray 2 IT WORKS FOR ME I HAVE A EPSON R300

11. coldwash

coldwash Member

yes ive been using vista almost exclusively since just before it launched. in fact i dont remember having any problems installing print cd if you run as administrator. i know oldefr versions of nero have problems with vista though.

12. JeffMitch

JeffMitch Member

I'm running an Epson All in One Stylus RX580 and I do not even have the Epson Print CD Software. Can't find the disc.

Does anyone know where I can download it (I tried the site and emailed customer support 2 weeks ago and can't find nothing and they haven't emailed me back) and, of course, I have Vista.

If I can find the softaware is there a way to get it to work with Vista?

13. JeffMitch

JeffMitch Member

or if there is a different software that wil work with the printer then I will use that.

My printer has the little tray that you put the DVD in. (I'm sure you all already know that)

I just want to print on the white top DVDs.

14. DiscoDes

DiscoDes Member

I have a R200 and have "battled" with printing manually for ages I got fed up today and just installed the R220 driver, I already have Epson Print CD 1.50e installed and it works fine!

15. whizzer66

whizzer66 Member

Hi

Just finally got my RX585 to work with print CD via vista...Hoorah!!!!!

I was having problems using it also it installs ok but when you run it it comes up with PICSDK.DLL failed to start, According to epson this is a Microsoft fault in their operating system something to do with the New permissions system they have installed with vista (its a pain)
    They suggested that I download the "EASY PRINT MODULE" from the R2400 page off their UK website (yes R2400). I then re installed print CD Version 1.6 (may work with others versions with similar problem) & ran it to see if it still had the dll problem, it did. Then I ran the EASY PRINT MODULE for the R2400 and then again ran Print CD and hey Presto prints perfecto, chuffed to bits
    This should also work with any epson that prints CDs it changes the permissions that vista has to allow Print CD to work

I Hope this helps

Whizzer

16. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2009
  17. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed

18. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed

19. nigelbro

nigelbro Member

As said before you must set the printer driver to manual for the cd tray to work. This has bugged me for ages.

20. phil68

phil68 Guest

SPAM removed