1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ePSXe Emulator

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by SushiMaxC, Apr 6, 2007.

1. SushiMaxC

SushiMaxC Member

Hello guys,

I have downloaded an ePSXe emulator and a game. I need to know the basics on how to run a game through it. The first problem I have already run into is a dialog box saying "ePSXe is not completely configurated go to config->video to configure it".

I already have a game burned to disc using PowerISO.

Additionally, what are the details behind the BIOS? do I need to download them from somewhere?

Thanks in advance

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You need to configure the video before you can get anywhere. Very simple, just follow the menu and try a few options. Frame skip etc, I usually go for fastest, but with good hardware you should be able to get best quality. The documentation is pretty good, but the plugins can be confusing. Try to have only one at a time in the plugins folder or things seem to get confused.

Bios.. look in the bios folder, if there is a file called scph10001.bin you are good to go, otherwise you will need to find one somewhere. Depending on the region of your game you nay find that an alternative bios is needed.. there were 3, the scph10000.bin (us) scph10001 (pal europe) and a scph 75000?? (rest of world??). Again only have one at a time in the bios folder.
    Sorry I can't link you to a download.. You can find it pretty easily with a bit of hunting around.

Please be aware that not all games work with emulators, the Final Fantasy series always being awkward. This emulator will play games straight off the original disks too.

Plugins and other stuff?? http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  3. SushiMaxC

SushiMaxC Member

Wow, it works!

Note to everyone: Don't use a burned game, run it as an ISO from the hard-drive (Extract first).

Thanks janrocks, I owe you one.