1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erasing dvd rw problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by T3kk, Apr 7, 2007.

1. T3kk

T3kk Member

i recorded a movie in a dvd rw i just got from a friend, i tryed using Nero Express to erase the movie from it, but it says that it is not re-writeable disc but it says RW on the cd.......anyone kno wat the problem could be?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Look at the bottom of the disc for the color of the dye. Dvd R is a blue/purplish color.

Dvd RW is more of a gray/silver color.

A lot of dvd +/- R media will have a small logo that says DVD-RW. The larger logo will say Dvd -R or Dvd+R. Those logos fool a lot of people,and quite a few are on ebay trying to sell RW media when it's R media.

You can also insert that disc in your burner,open up nero toolkit/then nero infotool/select drive that the disc is in/and click the disc icon. It'll tell you if it's +R/+RW/-R/-RW

3. T3kk

T3kk Member

^^thanks, that was real helpful! but now im pissed cuz it's not a re-writeable disc!! lol

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You got suckered!!!

I was looking for some Made in Japan Fuji on ebay a couple years ago. This 1 seller had +8x RW fuji,but the picture he took, said Dvd+R in large/bold letters,and Dvd+RW in small letters. Half the media out there is like this.

The cost of RW media was around 4 times higher than R media back then,plus the 8x speed of RW's weren't even out yet. It took quite a few emails from me to him,but he edited the listing.

Burn On!!!!