1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erasing files on hardrive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by chrisbw, Apr 24, 2005.

1. chrisbw

chrisbw Member

I was wondering how to erase software on my hardrive that won't launch because of errors. It seems like the only software that can be removed is the launched software. Also I was wondering if this errored software is taking up my hardrive space.

2. jabberjab

jabberjab Member

ftp in to you box and use pc to delete data... just be carefull what you delete

3. ryder101

ryder101 Guest

what does ftp mean and how do you use it

4. jabberjab

jabberjab Member

ftp means file transfer protocol.... you buy a CROSSOVER cable and connect you xbox to your pc.. then use a program called flash fxp to look at your files on xbox harddrive and delete them or move them around

5. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

jabberjab is right but you could also go into your xbox's file manager to delete the files. If I'm not mistaken, it's a lot quicker too.

Once you open the file manager, the display will look like that of an FTP programs (i.e. Flash FXP). Navigate to the folder(s) you wish to get rid of, press start, select the corresponding action and Viola!! Once done with all deletes, restart your xbox and you should be good to go.

6. jonass

jonass Member

how do you get a file manager on program on my xbox? is there one that is really simple and easy to install? basically all i want it for is deleting games i've saved to my hard drive.

7. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

I was assuming you have a modded XBOX. Usually, file manager is located on the home screen for your dashboard (modded xbox). Along with Games, Applications, etc. That holds true for Avaluanch's dashboard set-up. I not too familiar with other dashboards (sorry). I have them but I prefer Avalaunch.

So if you have Avalaunch, boot up with it and you'll see the File Manager icon in the menu. If not, what dashboard are you using?