1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

erroneous video files to DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JMST, Oct 25, 2005.

1. hopper393

hopper393 Member

well you know i think you got an idea that i am going to ...and just came from your home site ...hehehe...as i said in the thread right now i am just twidleing my thumbs right now waiting on the nero 7 to hit the down load page....as i do have a down loadable serial...for ultra...so going to be yanking my 6 ultra and cleanning out...
    but yea am starting to get into this more than ....only set down to a computor for the first time ..not even a year ago....sawbones chopped half my left lung ...one the third lung colapse..both lungs takeing turns blowing holes...colapses in my future...was a welder..and still am and always be a biker...but got a lot of free time so started into this machines...yea i knw alittle to personal.. take care and am heading to check out that prog...and yea i am sure you will see me on these forms more and more...
    THANKS AGAIN

just an old road tramp
    ---Bill--

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It's no problem, and sorry to hear about your misfortunes. If you read enough on here you will learn a lot of personal stuff about people and thats just one more thing that makes this such a great site. So you take good care of yourself and I will be glad to see another old timer around this place ;-)

Later,

Brent

3. hopper393

hopper393 Member

bbmayo
    just want to let you knowam not all that old to be haveing the lung problems i am....try only 45....

anyway wanted to say thanks again.....

take care

just an old highway tramp
    ---Bill---

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is older than most here buddy.. 40 here, but 20 years in the Army makes me feel 60 LOL :)

Later

5. sarina

sarina Guest

Coming in late on this, but JMST sounded JUST like me.
    I followed directions and ran my downloaded movie through divx to dvd converter. I don't have Nero Recode, so I burned it with Nero Express 6. Says it was successful, but cannot play in DVD player..."playback prohibited by area limitations". It does play in my computer though. Any suggestions?
    What does Recode actually do? Thanks for any help you can offer.

6. henryting

henryting Regular member

sarina,
    You just cant burn it to your dvd disk using nero express, you got to encode or convert your avi file to dvd file eg vob. file in order for dvd player play it.

Download winavi or dvdsanta or nero recode to convert your files.

7. hopper393

hopper393 Member

And I might add that nero recode takes it to mpeg4 format...as for the others he mentioned I don't know....as I use nero ...

----Bill---

8. JMST

JMST Member

OK sorry guys I havnt been on for a while (frustration and school work came into play)but im back and and still asking for the same help. Basically im starting from scratch again, with converting AVI to DVD and burning, but the real Problem as well, is burning, can some one please give me a free alternative from nero. (and probably and alternative to AVItoDivx PLEASE!!!)

9. hopper393

hopper393 Member

well why not try useing dvd decryptor....its got a burn eng....

---Bill---

10. sarina

sarina Guest

Thanks I'm hunting for Nero Recoder.
    I do have decrypter...would that work?

11. hopper393

hopper393 Member

question I got is you have nero vision express ..or atleast and oem version of nero 6 right....why then don't you have recode...open with start smart and take a good look....you just may be sirprised to learn you do have,,,,also you can go to nero web site and down load the trail version of nero 7 and have the set up complete except for incd....for 30 days to try....but seriously if you have a legal set up on nero even oem version then you should have recode 2 also...then if you have a legal oem version and you don't want to install the trail version of nero 7 ...you can down load the first two upgrade packages of the nero 6 upgrade and install over your nero 6 oem...and yes it works...atleast mine did...until i bought the ultra upgrade for the free upgrade to nero 7 ultra...but have yet to get my down load serial for nero 7 .....

---Bill---

12. hopper393

hopper393 Member

also not sure but i think dvd santa is a free burn set up....just couldn't tell you where to get it.....like i said never used it ...

---Bill---

13. sarina

sarina Guest

Ok, I looked at Nero and I do see that when I open smart start and go to Nero Burning Rom...DVD video...pull down extras and there I see
    "encode files". I try to add files and I get to the Video_TS folder...then what? It opens but it doesn't get added to anything.

14. hopper393

hopper393 Member

okay first off is your file you want to recode in that VIDIO_TS folder....??? or is it in other folder...i haven't a clue...but you have already picked the same file up and burned with nero right...was it nero burn rom you used or did you use nero vision express....now if you have vision express you can recode and burn at same time....load your file in vision express from where ever you got it stashed away....then you see the button on the bottum that says more....click on it and then when the pop down drops set your video to enable automitc encode...then do all the rest of your setting to you preferances.......and nero will encode it to mpeg 4 format for you ....and then burn...rember to set your settings at ever screen you go through,,,pop that more at ever step and make all adjustment.....then burn at the slowest speed you can....if you need pictures to set the vision express .. you should see them at the left under manuals ....and you have adobe reader in...but let me look around and see if i can find you a thread to help walk you through it....

---Bill---

15. hopper393

hopper393 Member

here is a link to all the manuals for nero 6....and myself if you have nero vision express 2 ....set the video settings to smart encode ...(auto) and then set up everything else to the way you want it...you will end up with a mpeg 4...file...and incase you want to burn again..save your work...then next time all youhave to do is just burn....

http://ww2.nero.com/nero6/enu/FAQs_Manuals_Helpfiles.html

---Bill---

16. hopper393

hopper393 Member

Sarina
    If your working with mero 6 oem ...you might alsojump to this page and install the first two upgrade packages....over the top of what you have in now....it worked for me ...before i sprang for the ultra ...

http://www.nero.com/nero6/enu/nero-up.php

hope this helps bring your burner up to a litter better set up...and if you already have the nero ultra...no need ....

---Bill---

let me know if you got it figured out...

17. sarina

sarina Guest

I have Nero 6 Ultra edition. It has Back it Up, Burning Rom and Express. So I'm not even sure what support I need to go for. In Burning Rom I get all the files into the folder, but when I go to encode files it says add files to encode and I can't hight light them or navigate to them. I'm trying to get Recode and/or vision express. I'm knowing why JMST gave up ;Z. I'm gonna stick with it as long as you guys are willing to help though! Wish I was born knowing this stuff, like you guys :) Thanks!

18. sarina

sarina Guest

One more thing may help for you to know...in my video_ts folder...
    are the following files: video_ts.bup, video_ts.ifo, vts_01_0.bup,
    vts_01_.ifo, vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob, vts_01_3.vob
    Somewhere up there I know some of these file extension were already mentioned. Maybe I'm not supposed to encode? All I've done so far is convert with the divx to dvd.

19. sarina

sarina Guest

Well, got Nero recode. Burned it, but it still says same thing...
    playback prohibited by area settings. I back up movies all the time with dvd shrink and burn with nero and they work fine. So I don't think its my player. Anyone ever see this one before? I am really frustrated.

20. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Sarina, I noticed you used DivxToDVD, when you use this prog there is a standard check box you can select either PAL or NTSC...PAL is For Aus and a few other countries, NTSC mainly USA, which one did you select?