1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 06 on new hd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by silent714, Aug 9, 2007.

1. silent714

silent714 Regular member

I just got a 160 gb hd that is on the xbox capability list. I followed the upgrade eith hdm 1.9 tutorial and was able to lock my hd. I keep getting a error 06 message when I boot. I read its because i have the wrong eeprom but i got my eeprom from a backup folder i made in evolutionx with by old hd. What can i do to fix this?

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You got the wrong eeprom! Softmods have two, the reall one is in E:\UDATA\2xxxxxxxxxxx\00000000000\Backup

3. silent714

silent714 Regular member

I just figured out i got the wrong eeprom last night. I dont have it in my udata/2xxxx/oooo/ folder for some reason. I have a hdd key if i lock it with that it should work right? Just to be safe there is only one is this correct?

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

DO NOT TYPE CODES!!!

I can't stress this enough!

Search your HDD for the eeprom or make a new one with the old HDD and evox!

You can check the validity of the eeprom with 'LiveInfo' the serial number will match the sticker on the bottom of your console!

5. silent714

silent714 Regular member

I couldnt use my old HDD because I deleted the dashes and it had no dash to boot from. It had and error 22. I was trying to save my xbox with a HDD upgrade. It got an error 06 because I had the wrong eeprom. I did not have the real eeprom from the udata folder. I dont know why. I did have a hd key that was with the fake eeprom i was trying to use. I was able to unlock my old hd in hdm 1.9 with the hd key. I rebuilt the hard drive and locked it with the hd key. Problem solved my xbox works! I did not need a eeprom. I thought I should clear that up a little. I would like to thank chunkhead for his help and his great tutorials which I suggest anyone who wants to softmod should read ALL of them carefully. They are very helpful and will give a good understanding of how the xbox works.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Glad it worked out for you! ;)

On serious note though, typing the key is fraught with danger. Just one typo and you'll never be able to use the drive again, ever!