1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 07 fix?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by frank8484, Aug 2, 2009.

1. frank8484

frank8484 Member

Hi, i have two xbox's one is chipped and works fine, the other xbox was given to me by a friend that i was hoping to softmod but it had been sitting around in my closet for months and is now giving an error 07. My chip is soldered in unfortunately or i would just swap it to the broken xbox to fix it. Is there any way to fix the error other than an eeprom reader?

2. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

tried the below:
    "7 - kernel - HDD timeout

Most of the times, the IDE cable is not properly connected when you see this error. Please reattach the ide cable. Not only to the harddisk drive but also to the dvd drive. ALso try to reconnect the ide cable to the motherboard.

Press pretty hard so it goes all the way in. Make sure it is seated straight and proper in the drives and the motherboard. If you still have an error 7. Try another ide cable. If that won't work try another harddisk. If there is still no go, try to set the jumpers on the rearside of the harddisk drive. Set it to master or cable select. If still no succes, good luck and sell your xbox to me rolleyes.gif"

if this doesn't work, then your hdd might be broken. if this is the case you need to read the eeprom of the xbox's motherboard (or install a modchip in it, temporarily will do. you can take it out afterwards)