1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 13 after static discharge on Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Mandible, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Mandible

Mandible Member

I modded my Xbox last April and it has worked flawlessly up until now. I am guessing a component in the system is fried, but not sure what. I went to turn it off after watching a movie and I shocked it. When I powered it on the next day, I received an Error 13.

The system:
    Xbox 1.0
    120GB Maxtor drive
    Thomson DVD drive (sorry)
    Xecuter 3 mod chip
    X3 3294 BIOS
    Evox 3935 Dashboard

I can press both Eject & Power to boot to FlashBIOS. I try to flash the BIOS and keep getting "Unknown flash! Halting" using several BIOS'. It doesn't matter what position the Protect switch is in either. I also can't boot to my EvoX DVD.

Hopefully my X3 isn't the dead component.

2. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

13 - kernel - Dashboard launch fail (due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running) and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

The error it gives is because of the incompatibility between the (older) dashboard (4920) that older slayer cd installs and the new dashboard/kernel versions found in some new xbox's and found in xbox's that have been connected to xbox live (when you go on xbox-live, it'll upgrade your dashboard file to i believe it is now 5659.03. This dasboard is incompatible with the dash that (old) slayer cd installs (for example 2.5 or lower) for you.

(In detail, in the eeprom chip there is a kernel which is incompatible with the dashboard (4920) that slayer installs.)

So what do you do to fix it? You can use the dashupdate found on most new xbox games! Be sure to 1st unplug your ethernet cable before you do so!!!

Besides that, just use a good installation disc and all is fine. Use a 2.6 slayer or something similar

Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  3. Mandible

Mandible Member

I can't get this to work. I loaded up Halo 2 and even created a new profile. I've managed to get errors 13, 14, & 21 now. Any other ideas?

4. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

You can use the dashupdate found on most NEW xbox games!

try a newer game, like Mortal Kombat Arrmageddon

5. Mandible

Mandible Member

When did this dashupdate come out? I've put in a game that was released in June of 06 with no luck. My next newest game was released in December of 05. If I have the date, I can make a list of games and check which ones are available at the rental shop.

Personally, I'll be surprised if any of this works. I don't get why I can't flash my BIOS or anything if it is a dashboard issue. Doesn't the BIOS load before the dash? I almost think the memory got fried on the mod chip. Is there anyway to test this?

6. kr3wsk8

kr3wsk8 Guest

hey, i need some help, im in the middle of a hotswap, my pc detects my xbhd, but xplorer 360 doesnt, i dont know if my xbhd is unlocked, but when i pulled the ide cable out of it, it made a noise like" beewwiiiiii" like it was speeding up, im trying to fix error 16.
    Whats going on, what should i do?

7. Mandible

Mandible Member

WTF?!
    Start a new topic. This has nothing to do with this one.