1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR 16- EvoX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Leigh7801, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

Hi, as my harddrive packed up i thought i would put the one in from my old xbox, i have also install a aladin XT mod chip but when i start the xbox(chip enabled) the big X jumps up saying xbox and in the top left corner it says EvoX in purple, but it then goes to the error 16 screen, im not sure on how to fix this(harddrive would be lock to another xbox but chip should bypass it) Now i know error 16 is the clock but can someone please tell me how to fix it?

2. theridges

theridges Guest

what bios is flashed to the chip?new bios's overwrite this problem....if it loads disc put the AID 3.0 disc in and reformat the HD and install the ms dash back to the xbox..

3. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

if i format the HD and put ms dash back on what else needs to go on the HD to get it up and running, remember i have a chip that should operate evoX

4. theridges

theridges Guest

just install the Evox dashboard back to the HD and you should be up and running....

5. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

Ok now i know that i have to get evoX from #xbins but once iv downloaded that file to my computer what do i do after that? unrar it but then what do i copy to a cd

6. theridges

theridges Guest

use the AID 3.0 disc to install dashboards....

7. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

Ok so i downloaded auto instaler deluxe, it contains _old, Auto.installer. deluxe.v3.0.xbox-torrant file What do i do now? what do i copy to a dick?

8. theridges

theridges Guest

did you download the torrent?? if you dont have a torrent client go download bitlord at bitlord.com....

9. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

Ok i just downloaded bitlord- Now what?

10. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

i got Aid 3.0 from #xbins, which had a torrant file in the files it came with, why did i need the bitlord program?

11. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

Ok that file auto instaler duluxe 3.0 i got from #xbins the file that was the torrant has changed to a bitlord torrant file and allowed me to open it, What should i do next?

12. theridges

theridges Guest

use bitlord to download that torrent file and the actual AID 3.0 disc.....after that use IMGBurn to burn AID 3.0 to a CD-R/DVD-R and boot it.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2006
  13. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

I have put the A.I.D 3.0 iso onto a cdrw but my xbox did not respond to it, the dvd drive does load but it still just goes to the error 16 page.

14. theridges

theridges Guest

burn it to normal cd-r or dvd-r no rw......and the xbox should boot it.

15. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

Hey, today i burned the iso to a CD+r but it still goes to error 16..lol

16. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

Okay fist things first how big is the file you burned?

17. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

The file is 397,336 KB labled Auto installer deluxe 3.0 and under that it says iso file

18. theridges

theridges Guest

sounds right to me......

19. thekingo7

thekingo7 Regular member

well many of the xbox's I have worked on have trouble reading cd-r media, try dvd-/+R an if you dont have a dvd burner or any media avalible, use cd-rw. It should boot then.

20. Leigh7801

Leigh7801 Guest

I dont have a dvd burner and iv arealy tryed cd-rw, il just keep playing round with it and see if i get any progress i guess.. Thanks for your help guys