1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 16. I urgently need help!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by fabs1, Jan 22, 2005.

1. fabs1

fabs1 Member

Let me start off by confessing that I'm an idiot, a noob and so on and so forth. My chip was installed by someone else that I've now lost contact with and now cannot handle the maintenance.
    Since September my Xbox hasn't been working. For no apparent reason it stopped due to the mysterious error 16.
    A year earlier, I had an Executor 2 chip installed so that I could play European games on my North American Xbox. It was working perfectly until this happened.

I've searched all over the internet for a clear solution, but to no avail. Could somebody please help me? I really need it! I need precise step by step instructions of what I need to do. I have no idea how to use bioses even though I've downloaded several of them including Slayer, Evox and so on...
    I've spent many sleepless nights trying to figure out the problem but for the most part unsuccessfully.
    If I could get my Xbox working again I'd be eternally grateful.

2. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Error 16, if I'm not mistaken is the Dashboard error.

Get ahold of some good tutorials from xboxscene.com about installing/reinstalling the dashboard, see what happens.

3. fabs1

fabs1 Member

I've already been there. I spent 2 hours reading through it. It's no use, I need help. I know that it's a dashboard error. What I need now is precise directions.

Thank you

4. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

if you take the chip off the xbox will it boot normally?
    i suggest you upgrade your chip to a xenium ice.it has an ftp server built in where you can look at your files on the xbox hard drive.
    i had a stock xbox do this and when i ftp ed to look, every file on the stock hdd was gone.

5. fabs1

fabs1 Member

It wont boot with or without the chip connected. When its disconnected, the number 16 doesnt show up. Thats the only difference.
    What on earth is a "xenium ice.it"? Remember its a noob your talking to.

6. fedaykin

fedaykin Regular member

xenium ice is a brand of chip. with out the ablity to connect to your xbox w. ftp its hard telling whats going on w. your xbox.
    16 is the dashboard error, so maybe you should start out by burning an evox install disk and trying that.