1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 21...but realy I shouldnt have this

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by ShaneXH, Feb 6, 2005.

1. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

I installed an X3 modchip in my V1.6 xbox..put the bios on it(at this point I really didnt know how much you could do with an xbox)...ne ways I my chip worked great played backups and everything... then I started looking at stuff like evox and other xbins and wanted to try em out..I put evox on my xbox worked fine for everything...but later on decided to take it off becuase on my chip I have live access disabled( I dont want to get banned), I wanted to play live and decided I didnt really need evox...well now if I turn on the xbox with modchip disabled, games already in it works fines..but if no game in there I get error 21(I know what it means)... and with my modchip when I reboot to dash without game in the tray I get error 21..I made sure I got rid of all the evox stuff games apps etc....how can I get the original xbox dash to work agian with the modchip disabled so I can play live again

2. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

is there ne thing I can do to get rid of this problem
    please help

3. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

Ne thing I can do guys

4. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

Do you think maybe Id have to install the original dash baord agian..umm if so does ne body know where I could download a version 1.6 xbox dashboard

5. mdsup

mdsup Guest

did you install a new hd? if you did, you can copy over the C and E partitions from your stock hd.

6. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

no I didnt put in a new hd... do you think maybe I could just copy everything off my HDD to my computer...format the partitions from my X3....then put them back on from my cocmputer...like the error 21 means something told it to boot to that

7. mdsup

mdsup Guest

well if you deleted all of the m$ dashboard stuff you are pretty much screwed...that is why all tutorials related to evox state to back up your C and E partitions in case you screw something up....so your xbox boots fine with the chip on?

i guess i need to know exactly what your xbox is doing and what you have done to it

8. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

Yeah I cant really say I was being careful...but yeah itll boot up fine to my X3 dashboard and itll play games fine...I just cant get to the original dashboard....thats why I was asking is there ne place I could download the 1.6 dashboard...like if I could get my hands on that I could just replace that with what I have and should work fine, right?...or Ill have to find out if ne of my friends have a 1.6 and see if I could take it off theirs

9. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

exactly what Ive done okay
    1. Install X3
    2. flashed bios
    3.I did nothing but play backups for a few weeks
    4. learned about evox and other dashboards
    5. went to xbins got evox
    6. didwhat it said put evox to a disc booted it up and put it to HD
    7. put mini games and apps on HD
    8. just used evox for a week not original dash
    9. Decided didnt want evox..got rid of all its stuff...named msxboxdash.xbe back too xboxdash.xbe...made sure everything that I had put on it was gone and back to the way it was before
    10.get error 21 when booting xbox with no game...get error 21 when going to "boot to dash" from X3...plays games fine...will go on xbox live through the game..but cant get to original xbox dash

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you could try slayer's 2.6 autoinstaller to rebuild your hd...but i have no clue if it will work.

so you didn't back up your C and E partitions before you loaded evox?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2005
  11. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

No I didnt Im a dumbass...ne ways slayers what would that install

12. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

I found a sight that sells xbox parts...it sells unlocked xbox hardrives for 25$US...do you think that if I bought one from them...switched it with my hd reflash my X3... and then lock the new HD it should work fine.....making sure the hd I bought was a v1.6

13. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

*from a version 1.6

14. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

This I would probably say is out of the question..but is there some way you could send me or somebody eals send me the oringal 1.6 xbox HD files...I have a gmail account space is not an issue

15. mdsup

mdsup Guest

no your xbox hd is fine...the only reason you would need to buy a new hd is if yours bites the dust

16. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

so I guess I just have to get my hands on the original files from one of my friends xbox....or is it going to be stuck like that having something to do with the motherbaord eeprom or something like that that tells it to boot to error 21

17. mdsup

mdsup Guest

pretty sure you will get errors even if you get the files from a friends box...i could be wrong though...you should try to get a hold of slayer's 2.6 autoinstaller...there is on option in there to rebuild the retail drvie...this might fix the problem

18. ShaneXH

ShaneXH Guest

where abouts would I get slayer 2.6.....xbins?

19. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i accidently deleted your private message...send me another with your msn screen name.

20. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

Go to isohunt.com and do a search for Slayers v2.6 torrent file. Use Shareaza to download the actual program.