1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 21, it won't load anything.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by H1Guru, May 29, 2004.

1. H1Guru

H1Guru Member

I'm completely lost. I was going to put xbox linux on it, and everything was going good.(i was using the mechInstaller exploit as instructed by "PC Modder" magazine) i had to take a break from it due to school. when i got back to it (about 2 weeks or so) it was still working, but w/o a dashboard, which is no biggy, since i've had that happen many times in the past (i've tried putting evox on it w/o a modchip). it would run games just fine. i then unplugged it because i had to move out of the way (i was getting direct tv installed) and when i plugged it back in a day later, it gave me the error 21 message, and wouldn't load any games at all. it will do nothing but try to launch the dashboard, and then give my the error 21....thats it... Is it Dead? or is there some possible way of fixing this? Can i get it back to normal? At this point im leaning to the idea of just buying a used xbox from gamestop for only $120, and leaving it un-modded. Help will be GREATLY appreciated.

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

its probably clock looped, this happens on some of the old bert and ernie fonts, you can recover this by doing a hard drive hot swop with a modded xbox, or you can put a modchip in it to fix it.

3. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

o sorry just read you post propaly, you were installin linux not evox hmmm, this might of happend if you tried to do it on a dash that was not xbox live 1.0, if you a dash live 2.0 then its unexploitable, but the fix is the same mod chip or hot swop.

4. H1Guru

H1Guru Member

Thanx for the help, but i decided to sell my xbox, 3 controllers, 3 xbox games and 2 gba games to EBgames for about $85, and used it to reserve a special edition halo xbox bundle. Their shipment comes in tomarrow, and supposedly its the last one of the special editions.
    Happy Fragging!

5. fredflint

fredflint Member

I would appreciate any help. I ran into the same problem, too. Since then I installed a mod chip and am able to ftp to xbox again, but I am stuck at this point. Tried to got back to original status by playing back original files, didnĀ“t help. Any hint which files may help would be very welcome. Thanks!

6. BoxMods

BoxMods Regular member

What BIOS are you using?

7. fredflint

fredflint Member

Im using the clean linux BIOS 1.8 from April 10th 03