1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 5 and locking HD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by elusiv1, Feb 21, 2005.

1. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hi guys, I recently had a prob with one of my xbox's(v1.4) I was doing a 12v fan mod and added an led jewel ring and multicolored led eject board. The problem occured after I reinstalled everything rebooted the xbox and I got the christmas light(frag) and then error 5. I know it's not the modchip because it was enabled and the blue light was on the mod. I get to the green flubber screen and get the xbox logo but I don't get the xecuter logo on the bottom & then I get the error 5 code(xbox requires service) I've never had the hd locked before and never had this happen???? I know it's not my ribbon cable because i disabled the chip and put my original hd back on to troubleshoot and it booted up fine? How the hell can I solve this problem to get up and running?? Thanks guys

2. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I forgot to mention that lately i've been removing the IDE ribbon cable and power cable to do some case mods. I'm thinking that this has something to do with the error 5 along with my hd not being locked?? Maybe I'm wrong but it's driving me nuts!!

3. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You modchip is not sitting tight.

4. qbano

qbano Member

error 5 is hdd not locked...which would mean your chip is not booting..and your using the original xbox bios which cant load an unlocked hdd..like sjchu said check make sure its sitting right and the install is good

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

okkk figured it out!! The damn D0 popped out of place. I just popped it back in and the xbox booted up with no problems.