1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 5, PLEASE HELP...i need my xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Corey090, Oct 21, 2007.

1. whitewolf

whitewolf Member

just to mention i pick all the x-boxs up for just £20 second hand. and id really like to get the other 2 working also is it possible to copy the eeprom from 1 x-box and change the eeprom on the none working x-boxes so the x-boxes will have the same eeprom codes as the working x-boxes, and just keep the hhd unlocked,

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

We don't take eeprom chips out anymore, you can simply get an eeprom reader and read them directly from the motherboard!

Have a read of my tutorials... really easy stuff!

3. whitewolf

whitewolf Member

yea ive read ur tutorials...just to clarify things on the 2 x-boxes the one with the microsoft logo and white microsoft name underneith just keeps looping and damm if i can get it to boot to the clock :( darn thing ho well s..t happens is there anyway i can resolve it apart from rebuilding the hdd again cus now its just stuck in the corner gathering dust

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Probably not. A HDD rebuild is ALWAYS a good idea, at least then you know everything is fresh!

It also only takes 4 mins...

5. whitewolf

whitewolf Member

yeah got the looping xbox working fine now, soz this post is late as ive just got back from my hols, :D
    right this is what i did, i got a fresh m.s dash again called (xbox tools) everything in there i needed, i then unlocked my hd via the xbox, i just left the dvd drive cable out got error 11, i then conected it to my pc, please see tutorials already posted on the site. i then used xplorer 360, and just backed up my hdd c+e folders, then did a simple ftp and set hdd back in xbox,
    then turned it of the back on again and guess what no looping screen straight to the clock set time and then modded xbox, little lad is well happy.
    now another problem :D ok xbox 2 was just saying error 5, i got an electrician to build me a eeprom reader which was posted from this site, but it does not work i cant read the eeprom from my xbox :( i cant read it from the eeprom pins them selves and the lp port hole in the x-box motherboard all of which we followed using diagrams provided, via this site. guess i will just use it for spares but thnxs again for the help chunkhead, keep up the good work :D

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The eeprom readers work! I promise you, it's obviously wired wrong.

Take a look at the ones I build and work from there!