1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 6 - installed new drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Pl4za, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Pl4za

Pl4za Member

i have a little problem... i installed a new hard drive on my softmoded xbox using this tutorial: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

i have the correct eeprom on my pc, when locking the hdd with xboxhdm it gives no errors, but the xbox won't boot and gives error 6...

how do i fix this ? i don't understand... i have the correct eeprom. I have the C and E folders on my pc...

(sorrry for my english)

;)

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No, you have the incorrect eeprom! Softmodded Xbox have two, you can check for the correct one using 'LiveInfo'! The correct one will have the same serial number as the sticker under your console!

Unlock the HDD with the disc you already made (unlockhd -a) and then get the real eeprom and make another disc!

3. Pl4za

Pl4za Member

i was using the wrong eeprom... but i made a new disk, with the corret on, i cheked with liveinfo, it has the same serial as the console.

but now xboxhdm doesn't detect the eeprom on the cd...
    so i put the eeprom on a floppy, and locked the drive with the correct on... but still gives error 6.

i will try again later, maybe i missed something.

;)

4. Pl4za

Pl4za Member

problem solved =D

used the key generated by live info + unlockx, instead of the eeprom + xboxhdm.

thanks anyway

;)

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

For future reference, DO NOT DO THAT EVER!!!