1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error 6 on 200gb hd !!!!!! HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by phoenixau, Mar 8, 2005.

1. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

Well there you go i put in a new 200gb drive had it working in a mchaine and locked it, anyway had to put in diff machine and i get error 6 when i boot,even if i try to boot with SLayer 2.6, trying to hotswap at the moment after i booted from slayer,but format takes forever and doesnt seem to want to load apps! PLEASE HELP<

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

did you switch it to a different xbox or a pc, if you tried to put in a pc it needs to be unlocked first.

3. mdsup

mdsup Guest

it needs to be unlocked to put it in a different xbox as well

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Do you have another modded Xbox to unlock that drive?? If not it's a paperweight!! You'll have to get a key to unlock it.

5. phoenixau

phoenixau Member

I tried it in a chipped xbox,error 6,tried hotswap,formated the drive but very slow not normal speed. After format trie
    to boot slayer 2.6,no good error 6. So i linked to pc,downloaded western digital software to format which it claims it did, but no good cant even get xp to show drive in control panel , but i can see through device manager! So now what?

6. smac19

smac19 Guest

Hi guys can somebody help me how to fix error6, Cuz switch it to a different xbox and got 160g. please help thanks