1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error 80040218 on windows media player

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by caulfield, Aug 1, 2002.

1. caulfield

caulfield Member

hi there, if ne1 can help i will be eternally grateful.

i've got a bunch of mepgs, some were not whitebook standard. so using tmpgenc i encoded them so they met whitebook standard.

some of these mepgs burned fine, i'm able to view them but some i cnanot view.

even tho the data has burned onto th cd, i get the message "Error 80040218. no combination of filters could be found to render the stream."

what i'd like to know is the following please :-

1) how to fix this problem so i can view the mpeg from my cd, because i'm able to view thr mepegs while it's on my hard drive, just not when it's burned onto a cd.

2) i really need to re-format my hard drive, so can i fix the error that's on my cd without the origional mpegs that is on my hard drive? i.e. is the origional mpeg required to fix the probelm and thus view the mpegs or is the data that has been recorded onto my cd sufficient?

i would really appreciate it some1 could reply soon b/c at the mo i can'yt even open word.

thanks all.

2. TheFlyer

TheFlyer Guest