1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved ERROR BD.MediaCon - MediaCon Error: cause 0x3, source: GetFormat, description: Cannot get media type

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Batchainpllr, Sep 17, 2024.

?

Was this solution helpful ?

1. Yes it helped me

100.0%
  2. It`s good to know even if it doesn`t help me now

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was no help at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Leave me alone, I'm playing with my phone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Batchainpllr

Batchainpllr Member

It's working fine

2. Batchainpllr

Batchainpllr Member

It is working.
    Currently doing the export.
    There is nothing to uninstall as I have moved the entire program to a different location.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

If this fails you might want to try to replace Nero with another application. There are many that are freeware so all it will cost you is another attempt. If another application succeeds then we have something to work with and if it fails then we've potentially eliminated a variable.

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ooops! My last post was done before yours was posted. :D

5. Batchainpllr

Batchainpllr Member

Well it failed again but this time I believe I have the solution. I am trying again right now and will update the post when it finishes.

6. Batchainpllr

Batchainpllr Member

Another fail but I am pretty sure I have it now, update coming soon, fingers crossed.

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have you tried using applications not Nero to see how that works? If another application works then we know the issue is with Nero and if it fails then we know it's with your computer.

8. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

I want to see the burn log if the last attempt doesn't work. I finally took the time to look at some of the logs from the previous attempts and see a number of things which could cause the problem.

9. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

How did you make out on this? If you don't want my assistance, you can always go to tech support.

10. Batchainpllr

Batchainpllr Member

sorry for the delay...
    PROBLEM SOLVED
    It turns out this was an error on my part. I had added several videos to my project weeks ago, then I went back and changed the original files of two of them. I did this by re-editing the videos and then exporting them, during the export I re-wrote the existing files so they had the same name and location. As a result the Nero Video program did not recognize a difference and so there was no "can't find" prompt. However when you 1st add a file to the project a media analysis is done. When the file came up in queue during the burn process it was not recognized as the same file that was originally scanned during the Media Analysis process. This caused a fail to the burn.
    The solution was to remove the file from the project, then re-add it causing a new Media Analysis to happen. If the file has not been altered, it will not re-scan, whereas if it has been altered the Media Analysis will in fact perform again.

So if you see the error: "ERROR BD.MediaCon - MediaCon Error: cause 0x3, source: GetFormat, description: Cannot get media type", it means that you likely changed something and the program can`t find a file that matches the one you first brought into the project, even if it has the same name, location and file size.
    I`m not sure why this error isn`t listed on the Help pages, certainly knowing what it meant would have sped up this process by weeks. Fortunately now we know, hope this helps !

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024
  11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Glad you worked it out and thanks for sharing how you resolved it.

Batchainpllr likes this.
  12. wither 1

wither 1 Regular member

Excellent!

Batchainpllr likes this.