1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error code 0x80048002 when using TMPGEnc 3.0 Express

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by LadyTaz, Jun 24, 2005.

1. LadyTaz

LadyTaz Member

I am using TMPGEnc 3.0 Express to change an avi into an mpeg 2. I have used it before with no problem, but now I am receiving the following message:

"Invalid sample format (error code: 0x80048002"

This happens at about 50% through the process.
    Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?
    I would appreciate any help you could give me.
    Thank you.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

i think this has something to do with the audio codec you have installed to handle the audio..

I guess u cud try decompressing like so...

1. Open the AVI in VirtualDUB.
    2. Click Video - Direct Stream Copy
    3. Click Audio - Full Processing Mode.
    4. Click Audio - Compression. Select No Compression (PCM) and click OK.
    5. Click File - Save as AVI.

Now there would be other optiosn to like trying to disable the code thats used for the rendering.

If you have FFDShow installedm u could do that by go9ng to the Audio Filter Config and disabling the FFDShow MP3 codec.

hope that helps!!

NOTE: after u save a new avi with virtualdub it;ll be much klarger, dont delete the original just in case this doesnt work.

3. Snapon

Snapon Member

Since your using the XPRESS version I'm assume you want 1 buttton simple solution? Well if you want to encode it to DVD \ MPEG2 VSO-Software makes the best Conversion AVI>DVD one stop plot and burn software. [bold] http://download2.vso-software.fr/vsoDivxToDVD_setup.exe [/bold] Plus the trial is FREE with FULL use of the software (just limited on days \ how many conversions you can do..) ; )

4. LadyTaz

LadyTaz Member

I tried everything and I am still getting the
    "invalid sample format (error code 0x80048002)"
    Does anyone have any more suggestions?

By the way, I do want the program to be easy, but I want good quality and I want to do avi to mpeg.

5. Dela

I had a look around for you and i have some good and bad news.

The good news is you are by far not the only uiser with this error....

The bad news is i havent found one thread where it has been fixed properly yet.

Does it crash on the same exact spot everytime?? if so, i guess we could try cuting out a second or so of the video?? if thats acceptable? it might kill the problem by deleting a bad frame or something.]

EDIT: and btw, just for ther record, u can get VSO's DivXtoDVD right here at Afterdawn also an dont worr, we do keep up to date and you will never find dodgy software at afterdawn - http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd.cfm (just a reference for future readers of this thread!)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2005
  6. LadyTaz

LadyTaz Member

I found that I get the message
    "invalid sample format (error code 0x80048002)"
    at exactly the same spot every time.
    It occurs when the second pass is suppose to start.
    Exactly at 50%.

The thing is, that I used this program to do two others, and it worked fine. It completed the program with no problems.
    Now I keep getting that stupid message!

It is very frustrating!

7. Dela

Oh i didnt know it was a 2-pass encoding, i thought it crashed on the same frame on a simple CBR encoding.

Not much I can really say to help then unfortunately, as it seems to be more of a problem with the program then the source files, perhaps u shud go check out tech support for it?

8. sagur

sagur Guest

This problem occurs when you try to encode a movie with AC3 DVM audio. (you can see that with a simple audio util like AVIcodec)
    btw, the error "invalid sample format" will appear immediately when using CBR (1-pass) encoding, and after 50% when using VBR (2-pass)encoding.

optional solution is:
    encode video only with TMPGenc. (that will give you .m2v file)
    transcoding audio stream to mp2, or to normal ac3 with audio util (like BeSweet & BeLight)
    Then you'll have 2 appropriate assets to build DVD.