1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Code 13 when booting with Modchip disabled

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by andymc28, Oct 26, 2004.

1. andymc28

andymc28 Member

Hi

I have just had an aladinn modchip installed and when booting using the modchip enabled I go straight to the evo-x dashboard fine, from evox i can get back to the default MS dashboard however when i boot with the modchip disabled i get an error code 13 and the "your x needs service error message".

Is this anything to do with the default.xbe???

Please help as i am about to chuck it out the window as I'm desperate to play xbox live

Thanks

Andy

2. Cerious

Cerious Member

If you original HD is not in your system when you turn it off then yes it is going to give you a error 13, you have to have a chip to see the evox dashboard or a "hack" method other than a chip. Want a tip? go to xbox-scene.com and look around for xbconnect. :)

3. gtaxbox

gtaxbox Regular member

No it won't give you an error. Looks like your dash is corrupt or it's renamed, or stored somehwere other than C:.

Make sure the Xbox Dashboard is called xboxdash.xbe on the C: drive. If it's not, get a friend's Xbox, and copy the files from their C: drive.

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

all you need to do is lock your hard drive
    use configmagic
    or if its a 1.6 version xbox, use the latest cromwell bios to lock it
    if you hae a ms dash , and your hdd is locked, it will boot.
    All retail xbox drives are locked to the mobo (until you unlock them)
    when you lock your drive, if its with configmagic, make a note of the passwords, in case anything should happen to your mobo.
    the error code has nothing to do with it being the original hdd, its all about it being locked.
    99% of all ide hard drives nowadays, CAN be locked for the xbox. ie , enabling you to use xbox live.
    IF you do have a corrupt ms dash, it wouldnt load to the ms dash in evox either.
    But if you do have a corrupt one, easiest way is to load one using an auto installer.
    4034 is the default ms dash kernel
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Ignorance isn't bliss.....It's just costly![/small]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  5. andymc28

andymc28 Member

thanks guys my xboxdash.xbe was incorrectly named

Andy

6. kangaro99

kangaro99 Guest

I was having the same problem and the problem was that it wasnt locked... thanks djboogie!