1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Code 13 With a new hdd

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Acdbrn, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Acdbrn

Acdbrn Member

I seem to be getting Error code 13 when ever i try to install my new hdd. Im using the and evox install cd. Im pretty sure that i made the cd correctly because when i put in my old hdd it reads the cd fine. But when the new hdd is in I only get the error code. I have read that that certain modchip do not support hdd swapping. But i was certain that mine was capable of doing this. Its a Xecuter 2.6 Lite+. The only thing that i can think of why this isnt working is that my new hdd might not suitable for the swap. Does anyone know what could be wrong.

2. handsom

handsom Regular member

While I'm not familiar with your particular chip; you might try the XboxHDM method that softmodders use, it wouldn't matter that way if your chip supported it or not; it would read just like an original... Some people unmod their systems and then use that, the original firmware (And XBL) can't even tell the difference with the XBoxHDM trick.

3. Acdbrn

Acdbrn Member

Hmmm... I will try that. Thanks for the advice if i have any more questions i will ask.

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Error 13.. try the jumper.

Your drive may be too big for the bios you are using. I'm assuming you are cold booting slayers and that this is a proven working disk?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  5. Acdbrn

Acdbrn Member

well The hdd jumper is on cable select not master. iv read that is what it needs to be on. And the hdd is 160gb i know you have to patch the bios with the LBA48 if you want to use all 160 but i just decided to not and only be able to use 137.