1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR CODE 16 HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by yoboicody, Apr 26, 2006.

1. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

hey cdodge when i tried ur err0r 16 to 11 method i got error 12.stupid huh? i unpluggded ide cable from dvd and got error 12. origina;lly i have error16.

2. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

scamino, I read that you have to unplug the IDE cable and the power cable from the dvd drive. I don't know if that would change the error from 11 to 12. Did you do that? I still haven't tried it.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  3. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

i tied that but thanx for askin.Every one i tried this and got error 12 and it did not unlock. i still need help.Also ive got another questio;Im getting a 400 gig hdd for my xbox and im hotswapping it but with the backup files i made on my computer.Is it true i might need 2 get a special adapter since its over 137 gigabytes?

4. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

Ok, I have 2 xboxs that don't work.
    The one I've been trying to get working again was the one with the error 16. It doesnt read disks. I never backed up the files nor eeprom. And it doesnt show the MS logo at bootup.
    The other one, when I turn it on, it doesn't even show an error.
    Im pretty sure this is because when I went on and messed around softmodding and hit the restore xbox thing in the softmod installer, I turned off my Box and it didnt finish deleting the files. Now when it starts up, it goes to the "Xbox Live is updating your system..." thing.
    Then it says "Xbox Live is not responding. Please try again later." I dont have it connected to my ethernet cable which runs to my router. If I plug it in, what would happen? Do I dare connect it?

Also, I did try that dvd drive thing, and I got the same result. Error 12. Will it do the same thing and unlock the hdd?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2006
  5. destruct7

destruct7 Member

cdodge - I Sniped you about 6 months before you posted that hotswap trick (it was in this thread):

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/4/203286

I should have posted it in its own thread but, o well, lol, I could have cared less because only one person responded saying that it was cool and they had never heard about it before... too bad for all those people it might have helped in those 6 months :D

6. cdodge

cdodge Member

I'm helping someone redo their xbox through email now, and if it succeeds, he should be posting a tutorial for everyone. That doesn't mean for everyone to start emailing me, i'm only doing it because I'm bored at the moment, but that should change soon. As for the files, I found the original xbox hard drive files in a zip called msdash.zip. I don't remember where I got it, but I found it by searching for "original xbox dashboard files" on google. If this works for this guy, i'll make sure to post as much as possible.

7. gus738

gus738 Guest

8. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

ok i put the modchip in and every thing i checked all the soldering points and tryed everything but theirs somthing im missing cuz i had an extra cable and it lookes like the pin header but its bigger and has a bunch of colored wires coming out of it will that might be the problem.

9. gus738

gus738 Guest

as far as chip goes i duuno man.... srry hotswap is fast n easy so yea...

10. CHAOS_W

CHAOS_W Member

Ok, I followed the hotswap tut from Xbox-HQ, used xboxhdm, and I fixed my Xbox. I reinstalled my softmod with UleashX and I'm back to modding Halo. :D

11. yoboicody

yoboicody Guest

ok how do ytou hot swap

12. gus738

gus738 Guest

its called read a tut ....

13. Weymaster

Weymaster Member

Sorry, I didn't understand how you guys got around the error 12 instead of 11.

I'm getting error 16 for some reason. I don't have a backup of anything as the mod wasn't done by me. I tried getting error 11 instead but I get 12. Also I'm not getting the microsoft logo when booting.

I tried doing the hot swapping anyway (several times) but I'm probably doing something wrong because I still can't get the HDD unlocked as during POST my computer requires a password.

What can i do at this point? Thanks in advance!

14. gus738

gus738 Guest

what hotswap tut r u using? dont say the xplore 360... try the one that is under my tut.....

basicly you have ur pc and xbox clsoe up power on pc hit pause /break key so that the bios doesnt look 4 hd.. then once its paused power on the xbox and then quickly plug the xbox hd to hte pc ( where the pc hd was) and then hit the break keay again and if the xboxhdm loaded instantly then you did the HARDEST part which is the tming ... from their just 3 yes and voila brand new xbox :D....

15. tooxfly

tooxfly Member

Hey Gus its me! Xo ToOxFlY oX

16. short450

short450 Guest

hi i had error 16 on my xbox and it didnt have the xbox white logo but i hot swapped it anyway and got in but it wont let me delete the old files in the partion 4 and some in three can anybody help!!!

17. gus738

gus738 Guest

partion 4 partition 3???? i take it this is not xboxhdm1.9 is it ? if its not i dont dont know , but with xhdm1.9 its wayy easier...

18. moistCH

moistCH Guest

i unplugged my dvd drive and i have error code 12

19. gus738

gus738 Guest

so what are you trying to say? error 12 , plug it back in lol

20. UB3RG33K

UB3RG33K Member

i know this thread is kind of dead...but need help gus738...i dont understand the hotswaping tut in your sig...do i put just ms dash into c or the whole c drive i have...and do i just have an ide cable going to xbox hdd cdrom slot on comp and ide slot on motherboard?