1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ERROR CODE 16 HELP PLZ

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by yoboicody, Apr 26, 2006.

1. gus738

gus738 Guest

you can ask the source in xbox hq .com , now the ideal is that on the C folder you need to put an entire ms dash ( so it loads up ) someting when you power it up , as for the connecting to m/b its a time thing but ask xbox hq the member "pirrup" made that tut heck make a thread about it u'll be fixed asap

2. rae07

rae07 Member

hi. i've been reading about cdodge's method and i'm wondering...when i get error 11, is there a need to do the fast plug out and swap? or can i juz take my time? cos cdodge mentioned that the drive will be unlocked if it's error 11? does it stay unlocked?

3. gus738

gus738 Guest

im not so sure how this method works but i highly recommend that you see pirrups hotswap tut its the best.... xbox hq .com

4. rae07

rae07 Member

hey.. thx for reply. juz read the full tutorial at
    http://xbox-hq.com/html/postxf7728-0-0.html

well..the time doeswn't matter...which mean i do not need to go into a mad rush when i
    switch on my xbox! yay!

one question though....eeprom need not to be in the xboxhdm's iso? if so...how does the
    xbox lock itself or verify eeprom.bin when u rebuild ur drive?

Last edited: Nov 17, 2006
  5. gus738

gus738 Guest

if you had your eeprom then u wouldnt need hotswap lol just make a new hd a bigger one !!!

ok so what error code is your xbox throing? 16? if you have your eeprom just make abigger hd and insted of being hotswap it upgrading to a bigger hd w/out chip .... using a pc its in there bro keep searching.

6. rae07

rae07 Member

unfortunately...my laptop crashed a mth ago and my eeprom.bin's gone for good.

so am i right to say eeprom.bin's not need at all if i choose to rebuild harddrive using xboxhdm?

7. gus738

gus738 Guest

ok if eeprom is gone then you just have to hotswap where timing is involed but after that u have a brand new xbox

8. rae07

rae07 Member

yeah. i'll probably get my xbox fixed soon...can't seem to find the time.

9. rae07

rae07 Member

update>>

i've tried disconnecting my dvddrive in various method and all i get is error 12. is there a way to get past?

i has 2 seperate encounter that surprised me though. first is that my windows boot up and it detects the western digital harddrive! but b4 i knew it..it's gone. Second occassion, i tried booting xboxhdm, it went thru (instead of primary drive failure) and after i press 1 at xboxhdm page...it loads till a point and pc reboots itself.

what am i donig wrong. do i really need a mod chip?

10. gus738

gus738 Guest

no you dont need a modchip its just a timing issue , go to xbox hq trust me make a thread about it on the newbie section and u'll get your answers .... error 12 means you unpluged the dvd drive which is normal in this case cuz we need to do it , but im going to let go of this thread dude , cuz i know u get ur answer on hq .

11. rae07

rae07 Member

done just that. hoping for some constructive replies. *fingers crossed* thanx again!

12. gus738

gus738 Guest

where is the link to your thread?

13. halower

halower Guest

ok well i still have my eeprom. My compy still recognizes the hard drive and xbhdm finds it, BUT once in xbhdm what do i do to fix the error 16?

14. gus738

gus738 Guest

lol did you even do the thread ? if you have the right eeprom then you can upgrade to a bigger hard drive

*WARNING* if you have wrong eeprom.bin then you get error 06

basicly you want to prepare a new xhdm1.9 extract it put a MS DASH on C folder and YOUR eeprom.bin on the eeprom folder once your sure u got right ms dash files ( pirrup has latest build and its .rar'd) it has to be extracted before put into the C folder . once you got it all burn it then since we are upgrading hd we dont need the xbox or its oem hd so just remove the pc's hard drive and put a new hd that is LOCKABLE . it HAS TO be lockable

once hd is pluged in turn it on and xhdm should load auto and just fellow steps and once ur done ( which should take 5 mins just for ms dash and eeprom.bin which they fit on a cd size) once ur done plug it on the xbox and voila

note if u dont have or wnat to upgrade hd just do the same on everything but the only diffrense is ur trying to restore the oem hd ,

if you dont have eeprom.bin and you want to hotswap you can do the "hot" which temporarly unlocks it durring 10 sec secuquense... and oivlusly u know "swap" as in swaping once you pre program it again it is automaticaly locked ....

eeprom just makes it easier and thus alot of ppl do it to upgrade their hds....

if you never been on xbl with oem hd then you can safely use xbl with this bigger hd

but if u used xbl u'll get banned as the hd serial is diffrent...

15. halower

halower Guest

oohhhh... thanks sorry for being such a noob. Followed your instructions and it worked. Thanks man

16. rae07

rae07 Member

ok..my thread did not get much response. posted it here.
    http://xbox-hq.com/html/postxf7728-0-225.html
    waiting for reply's a bitch...but at least i get some hope of reviving xbox without mod chip.. :p

*UPDATE*
    got my harddrive reinstalled! here's what you do if you are like me, have an error 16 and error 12 when u plug out ur cdrom.

1) boot up xbox with cables unplugged frm cdrom drive.
    2) juz when the indicator on xbox starts flashing, pull off ide cable frm xbox. (drive is unlocked now...)
    3) plug it into ur pc with power cord still attached from xbox to harddrive
    4) run xboxhdm the usual way
    5) or you can follow my method (esp when ur xboxhdm dun work..like my case)
    i) boot up with pc harddrive on primary master and xbox hdd on secondary master.
    ii) run xplorer360 and transfer all the required files. (takes a long time though)
    iii) once done, unplug ide cable off the harddrive and plug it back to xbox(with xbox still running) remember to set ur jumper to as it is.
    iv) power off xbox once all the required steps' done.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006