1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Code 5:Unlocked Hard Drive insallation Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by efliction, Mar 4, 2007.

1. efliction

efliction Member

Hi there I attempted to change my dashboard on my V1.1 Xbox and ended up with an error 13.

I later tried attempting refreshing my C and E drives using a hot swap method with no luck at all!! Then I unlocked my Seagate hard drive using the firmware for the drive, then I replaced all the old backup files and put the Hard Drive back onto my Xbox, which I then realised I needed a EPROM file from my original Xbox which unfortunately didn’t seemed to have save on my backup of the C and D drives. Now there is an Error code 5.

My question is this, is there any way just to lock the hdd without the EPROM file or can I use this hdd again with installing a chip? I have just bought a Duox2 and waiting for it to be delivered. If I can use it before then that would be excellent.

My Xbox is currently Softmodded with an UnleashX dashboard.

Thanks for all your help!!

2. steimy

steimy Active member

http://www.teammodders.com/forum/how-to-hotswap-and-recover-a-hd-without-an-eeprom-backup-t91.html
    you can try that.
    Also some auto installers like AID or Slayer can lock a hard drive if you can read burned discs still

boot with a slayer evo-x cd. Now you choose "Eeprom management." Than you choose: "Lock hdd." It takes one second. After its ready it should say something like "Done"
    When it is "Done" just turn off your xbox. Now there should be no more error 5.
    I have seen these instructions for people with a chip, not sure if it will work on a softmodded system.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007