1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Have to reinstall shrink everytime I make a backup

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Meycam1, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Meycam1

Meycam1 Guest

I have been using shrink for some time now with no issue. this weekend I finally broke bown and installed service pack 2(Microsoft), and now I have to re-install shrink every time I want to use it. What do I have to do to fix this. Is it just me? The reason I did not install SP2 in the first place was it conflicted with sonic stage 2, but sony fixed that. Is there something with shrink too? Thanks for the help folks. Joe

2. Veblin

Veblin Active member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

Microsoft definitely didn't get SP2 compatible with all systems. A lot of people have had trouble with it. I've heard the best luck with SP2 is from new installations or where people have reformatted and started fresh. Either way it boils down to a clean install. I have SP2 and Shrink is loaded on my system and there is no problem. In fact, I have a number of other recording programs and have no problems with the OS (XP Pro with SP2). I know some people who have had problems and went back to SP1, they've been using the SP2 blocker provided by Microsoft. Others who originally loaded it had to reformat their systems and do a clean OS installation. So, with SP2, I've seen everything from minor problems to major crashes.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I'm not sure why you have to do that. I have SP2 as well and DVD Shrink doesn't give me any problems.