1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error in encoding in tmpengc

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by herfy's, Feb 11, 2003.

1. herfy's

herfy's Member

i have tried to encode a vcd a couple of times and i get an error about 34% of the way through.it says invalid pointer operation!i dont know what this is so if anyone can help me out i would appreciate it.it seems to encode all the way through in my file but there is no audio.i have encoded a few vcds and have never had any problems.it is a divx/dvd screener.and i have nimo on my pc if that is any help.thanks in advance.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

That happened to me a few times aswell but I never figured out exactly what it was. One of the problems I think was the divx was in a shared folder so check for that!

3. herfy's

herfy's Member

thamks dela but no luck with that one.i just have the movie in 1 folder.i'm a little stressed with it as it was a dvd screener so not a small file and i am limited on my downloads.so if you or anyone come up with anything else that would be great.is there another encoding program maybe that would over ride that?error!

4. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

There are a few encoding programs, avi2vcd, panasonic mpeg-1 encoder cce sp and loads more!