1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message 07 help halo2

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by JonYother, Nov 13, 2004.

1. JonYother

JonYother Member

I can change the HDD setting to slave,master or cable select, and i either get error message 07 or 09, is there anyone out there who knows how to fix this problem without a mod chip, i have another hdd and ive looked all over x-b-o-x.net, here and xboxscene, and i cannot find anything about it without a mod, again i need to make a hdd work without a modchip anyway possible please help, i gotta get my xbox up for halo 2

2. hcrip

hcrip Member

Is this the original hard drive? In order to use a harddrive on an unmodded xbox, it has to be locked to that xbox and on cable select. Error 7 through 9 all relate to hard drive problems. If this hard drive isn't an original, you will need to have someone with a modchip lock your hard drive to your xbox and then remove the modchip and you're good to go.

3. JonYother

JonYother Member

yes it is the original harddrive, and the led light blinks red after about 10-20 seconds of having the xbox on and will not load to the main xbox menu, is there anyway to lock the hd from the computer , or anything else that might be possible otherwise ill have to sell it cant afford Nything else at the moment