1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message ...because the pins are not connected. ($80040209)

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by moggsy, Feb 11, 2004.

1. moggsy

moggsy Member

Hi all
    I'm trying to edit some stuff out of an avi file in All Video Splitter but when I try to open the file I get an error message that says "Unable to complete the operation because the pins are not connected. ($80040209)"
    I've looked on Google and it seems it is a problem that other apps also throw up, but I've not found a solution for All video Splitter.
    Is there another good avi editor you can recommend or does anyone have any ideas on this problem?
    Many thanks...

2. teegee420

teegee420 Regular member

Try Virtualdub instead. Make sure "Direct Stream Copy" is selected on the video menu so no re-compression will be done. If that won't open it either there might be a missing codec. In that event, use G-spot to find out which 4cc is used. If needed, G-spot can be found here: http://www.headbands.com/gspot/download.html

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  3. Zanita

Zanita Member

4. moggsy

moggsy Member

Thanks for that ..... but as you inferred, it's pretty vague isn't it?
    Very technical on MS's part, but no remedy to the problem is offered, so whats the point of baffling us with science??