1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Message Burning Avi Files to DVD With Nerovision Express 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rparks3, Feb 18, 2004.

1. rparks3

rparks3 Member

I have been using Nerovison Express 2 to copy avi movie files to DVD's. I upgraded to a new version and am now getting an error message saying "There is not enough space to burn this compilation to this disc. Please insert another disc that has enough space," I have tried this version with several different movies. All are well within the capacity of a DVD. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Ron.

2. Cooldrums

Cooldrums Member

only had my dvd burner for a few days and i am having the same problem as you only managed to burn 2 dvds direct from avi files but strangely these were multi avi.s that were on the disc.first on was the evil dead trilogy and the other Clerks the cartoon.

so far i have tried

1/ shutting down all programmes and running only express 2

2/ converting to mpeg 1 and 2 and even dvd mpeg

3/ tried various extended recording times

going by what the instructions on nero.com neroexpress 2 should be able to burn direct without using any extra encoding,splitting or converting software but if I am wrong somebody tell me.

As I have not tried any avis to dvd with menu other than the multi avis mentioned before I am now trying a movie with a menu in place. Fingers crossed.

my next thought is to try using the chapters part in the software to breakup the avi or mpeg.

If that doesnt work then I am buggered if I know what else to do other than reloading nero 5 and half a dozen other packages on my machine to recode split author etc.

Oh and I have the same problem with large avis from my camcorder too not tried the tv card yet (not till I get the downloaded avis sorted first)

If you have tried any of this and it has failed too let me know save me a little time at least.

Cheers