1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error message during burn w/ decrypter after shrink

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by kamyre, Sep 27, 2004.

1. kamyre

kamyre Guest

I have successfully copied 3 dvd's using dvd shrink and having it burn with dvd decryptor. After encoding with shrink and decrypter opens and burns for a few minutes an error pops up saying volume can not be normalized (not exact message) and the reason is because the access is denied. I have been clicking ignore and the DVD's are burning and playing on my standalone DVD player. What is this error and can i get rid of it????

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

is there any other burning software installed on your computer?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  3. kamyre

kamyre Guest

yes I have roxio and the burning software that came with the PC

4. Strz

Strz Member

Help!!!! I'm also getting an error message at the very end of my ripping and burning process. It says something like "section verificatoin failed.....and then list a number sequence" What is the problem?

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

From this thread: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/108445

So kamyre [as I always do] I would highly suggest removing the inferior burning proggie Roxio & then run this to totally remove it from your registry (before reinstalling say Nero etc
    http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/support/tools/roxizap.exe

Strz , you'll need to give a bit more info than that that mate ... have you had successful burns but now you're not or is this attempting to find the right method for you,your burner & media etc ?
    It could be (if using the same disc) just a dirty/scratched disc ... but obviously if it happens on all/most of them then there are problems.
    Is your DVD (Re)Writer set to DMA Enabled & if you have one ... likewise w/ your DVD-Rom.

I'll second guess more , when there are a few more details on the table ;c)

6. Strz

Strz Member

Sorry for the lack of info......I'm trying to copy a DVD using Mac the ripper, DVD2one, and then finally Toast. I've successfully copied one disk months ago and have just recently gotten back to it. But now I'm getting an error message during the last part of the process in Toast. The message is "sector 2193248 unreadable...verification failed". I'm not sure what this means but I'm guessing that its something with the disk and verifying that the contents actually made it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 5, 2004