1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Message: "Failed to Set Write Parameters" in DVD Decryptor

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Matt555, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Matt555

Matt555 Member

Ok, I have been using DVD Decryptor to burn my DVDs for several months, and all of a sudden, as I try to burn yesterday I get this error message as soon as i try to write: "failed to set write parameters". Now, I do a search and all i find are sites telling me that it fixed the problem with certain DVD drives. Well I have a plextor, and I have burned DVDs with it MANY MANY times. I dont understand why all of a sudden its doing this. I use DVD shrink to make the isos small enough to fit on a regular DVD-R, so the size is fine. What should I do?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is this new media youare using or out of the same spindle/box as others that worked before? Also what other DVD/CD software do you have installed?

3. Matt555

Matt555 Member

No, im still on the same spindle, i even used anoter dvd-r just in case that was the prob, and i still had the problem. I have dvd shrink, nero, alcohol, dvd decryptor, dvd43 for css decryption. dvd shrink to bring em down to 4.7gigs and dvd decryptor to write in iso mode.