1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message when burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by yzrider3, Jan 29, 2007.

1. yzrider3

yzrider3 Member

Ok so please dontyell at me, I searched the forum, and I cannot find anything to help me out. I filmed some racing this weekend on my DV camera. I then, loaded it into windows movie maker. I edited it, added some titles, added some music ect. Saved it (do youneed to save it a specific way?) Then I went to save to dvd. so then it saving movie so it can be copied to a dvd. So it does that, then I start the burn. then about halfway throgh, while it says converting files, it gets half way in about 30 seconds, then it pauses, it kicks it out and says an error has occurred, cannot create dvd, or something similar. So then I tried doing it in media center. I saved it, got it convertedso i can open it inmedia center, go through the steps onthere, and it gets about 25% thru the burn, then kicks it out and gives me the same message. I can get the movie to play, no problems all the way through in any program that supports video, I just cant get it to burn. Please help me!!
    thanks
    krystle

2. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

yzrider3
    what format is it in? burn with?

3. yzrider3

yzrider3 Member

um how do i tell what format it is in? i beleive whatever the default is in WMM. and what do u mean burn with what? the DVD's I am using are DVD-R 120 minutes, 4.7 GB. thanks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. yzrider3

yzrider3 Member

does this help at all?

E:\TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552D GA01

and this is the exact error. I tried googling it, but the onlyreal thing I found was something about using the administrative accoutn, blah blah, I am the administrator, so thatsnot it. And I am not switching users either.

Movie Maker cannot create the DVD because an error occurred.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  5. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

I dont think anyone here will do that.

Just a couple of things, firstly edit out your email address before spammers get hold of it

You can edit the posts by clicking on this pen and paper icon, at top right of page.

This is your burner details, what we need to know is what programs you are using ?

6. yzrider3

yzrider3 Member

I can play the video in Windows movie maker, windows media center,and windows media player. I cannot burn in any of them though. I have seen a few places that say you cannot make dvd's with windows movie maker. If so, then why does it give you the option? But even at that, I dont think you can make dvd's with windows media player, but the other two, give the same error message. I also saw that you cant use DVD-R, it has to be +? I havent tried that, I was going to go to the store and buy one, ora 5 pack, whatever the minimum is and try that. I also saw somewhere that I need a dvd athoring program? I am strating to get irritated. I just wanted tofilm the racing, put it on the computer, and put it to a dvd. This is 3 days into now going into several tech help centers, windows help, ect. So anyways, please let me know what I can try. Also, some people dont always care, But I like to know WHY, it helps me better understand my computer and the way it works. Thanks alot forhelp, and thanks gwendolin, I didnt eventhink about spammers.

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

when i've done dv camera movies i had to use pinnacle 10.7 .I could not get windows movie maker to work right to many bugs you also can use Nero it works to but for adding music and all kinds of effects, titles and outher stuff Pinnacles worked the best for me