1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message when playing? Playback prohibited by area restrictions. Any help??!?!?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by ShatterBx, Nov 5, 2004.

1. ShatterBx

ShatterBx Member

I copied the files to my hard drive in the VIDEO_TS folder...Used Nero to burn a disc and copied them into the folder, burned the disc and put it in my Sony CD player and I'm getting the following error message. 'playback prohibited by area restrictions.'

Could this be because the files are PAL or something? Can anyone help?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You got it - the disc you copied most likely has a different region code. Most rippers will remove the region coding but if the disc is in PAL format and you live in the States you'll need to use something like TMPGEnc to convert the film to NTSC :)

3. ShatterBx

ShatterBx Member

Thanks man I got it...the damn copy of Troy I was trying to burn was in PAL format. I got it working now..I used Nero Vision Express it took about 4 hrs to decode and burn to a disc but it was well worth it. Considering the quality is awesome!!! I figured it out now! I have all the programs I need now to make my collection grow!

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Happy burning :)