1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error message when using virtual drive for bin and cue files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by vr6bloh, Mar 18, 2004.

1. vr6bloh

vr6bloh Member

Hi, I've checked out some of the other threads on bin and cue files but haven't found an answer to my problem. Not sure if anyone can help but here goes anyway! I recently downloaded a game and used winrar to extract it as you do, I then found that it was in bin and cue format so I used Daemon344 and installed the game using the virtual drive. However when I go to play the game, which is on 2 cds, it gives me the following error message: Cannot locate the CD-ROM
    "Please insert the correct CD-ROM, select OK and restart application"
    Neither CD works when using the virtual drive, either way round. I really want this game just to sit on my harddrive and I'm also reluctant to burn now seeing as I cant get it to work on my harddrive. Perhaps the cracked serial number I used was wrong? maybe the file is corrupt? or maybe Im just a muppet?? Either way I cant get the damn thing to work. Any ideas people?
    Cheers!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

In case you didn't read the forum rules, no discussion of piracy, chief :)

3. vr6bloh

vr6bloh Member

piracy! i think you are mistaken my good fellow! Disoh!!

4. Nephilim

How exactly am I mistaken?

5. vr6bloh

vr6bloh Member

Lol, I was being sarcy, sorry I know its the lowest form of wit but hey what can I say. Anyway I wasn't aware of the no piracy rule so Im sorry for offending you or breaking the rules. Not to worry, apologies.

6. Nephilim

No worries, chief :) Thought you were being a smarty-pants.

Trying to get DL'ed games to run is a hit or miss prospect. I'd say you got a bad one.

7. assgirl

assgirl Member

well, i'm trying to make a backup and i'm having the same problems. i installed the .bin and .cue files using daemon and everything seemed to go good but when i tried to open the game (Championship Manager 03-04) it gives me the unable to locate cd message. please help!

8. Hipp706

Hipp706 Guest

I get the same problem with mine, it just says insert correct cd-rom, or insert disk 1, help anyone please!!!

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Determine the cd protection and enable emulation using Daemon Tools m8. Be sure that you mount the play disc. If the pc game is SecuROM cd protected then you try making a backup using the latest BlindWrite 5 (VSO) software. SecuROM 4.85& up are difficult to backup but I managed to defeat with Blindwrite 4.5.7. You can use a handy tool called Protection CD Scanner and determine the cd protection by loading the main game exe after install. <-- Google up

This is piracy m8.

Shoey

Shoey

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Please see our guides before posting
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2004