1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error messages

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JSRife, Sep 4, 2004.

1. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Okay here is the problem. I cannot do a system re-format to get computer back to exactly the way it was when I bought it. I have the Re-format program right on my Hard-drive, When I try to go into re-format I get this message.

Stop: C0000218 {Registry file failure} The registry cannot load the hive (file) or it's log or alternative it is corrupt, absent or not writable.

Never had any problems with the reformat program before I dicked around with this P2P program I just downloaded with tons and tons of Adware and other unwanted programs I didn't want. Now I cannot re-format my machine. I removed the P2P program and all the crap that came with it, and still no luck. Any Input?

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Use your windows disc to do a full format. It will wipe everything off the hdd so you will have to put it all back on.

What do you want to go back to basic for?

3. JSRife

JSRife Guest

My Computer didn't come with a Windows Disc. Everything is right on the Hard-drive. Just ordered some recovery disc from computer maker. That should end all problems. If the problem is still there, just buying a new computer all together. Had this one for about 2 years now. Might be getting close to time for an upgrade down the road.

4. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

What do you actually want to go back to basics for?

What are your specs on your pc?

5. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Something is seriously wrong with my Computer. Would be easier finding a needle in a hay stack to actually pin point what is wrong with it. It does all kinds of crazy things. The main thing is, I have errors when trying to reformat my Computer, so it doesn't let me re-format. But yeah, computer does crazy stuff. I cannot shut down my computer, I have to actually just turn it off and within 10-20 minutes my computer comes back on by itself. So I am ordering some recovery disc and gonna try to fix it.

6. JSRife

JSRife Guest

System specs on my HP Pavilion 304W

AMD Athlon 1800+ 1.53 GHZ

352MB DDR 2100 memory

40 Gig Hard-drive

40X CD-RW drive

Windows XP home

17 Inch Regular screen monitor (Not Flat)

Creative 2.1 Speakers 2 piece with sub(18Watts)

Not the greatest machine...But if those recovery disc work, im getting another year out of this machine.