1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error msg: "F:\ is not accessible, the request could not be performed because of I/O device error"

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lil-raven, Jan 25, 2003.

1. lil-raven

lil-raven Guest

Hello all,

I am having a problem accessing my cd burner.
    It was working fine before. The problem began when i opened Nero to burn mp3s (it reads the cd burner) it would take the cd in and the light indictor showed the light to be flashing until i have to eject it before it would keep "writing" the disk forever.

The cd did not get written with the data as a result, i thought it was possibly the blank cd that was probably faulty. So i tried to put in another cd with data on it, the f:\ (cd burner drive)wouldn't read it. It gave me a error message as i mentioned in the subject header.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Has my cd burner finally got busted?

~Casey.

2. spanks

spanks Guest

man, nero did the same thing to me! i'm usin record now max and i havnt had one problem! so i suggest just dumpin nero if u cant find another solution

3. lil-raven

lil-raven Guest

are you saying this is the fault of the software problem? but when i click on F drive itself. it seems to be letting me know that my cd burner has finaly gotten busted.

4. nannarach

nannarach Member

Im getting that same message, and I ve tried reinstalling the drive but nothing changes. So is the drive completely gone or is there a quick fix which could get it back working again?
    Any ideas?

Thanks