1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error On Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by aaeas, Mar 11, 2007.

1. aaeas

aaeas Member

ok, let me start from the beginning.
    Given and Xbox with a bad Hard Drive.

1. Modded with X2.3B Lite Installed 20GB HDD w/Evox (have backup of old drive date) - Works great -
    2. About six months later mod shows to work but Evox screen not present just ms console.
    3. Did not think anything of the no Evox console because xbox worked.
    4. Friend points out I have not Evox. I leave it alonek.
    5. After a year or so I got controller disconnect error.
    6. Took Apart box thinking to rebuild XBOX Drive.
    7. Realize X2.3B Lite Mod Chip has issue per their website and notice a wire is not connected d0.
    8. Reattach wire d0 per intructions and box suppose to boot with no hdd no dvd Two LEDs on MODchip, one on switch and front XBOX shoiud flash orange and green.
    9. They do this but there is no display red flashing light.(MOD on)
    10.If I disable Mod chip Xbox boots then gives me an error 16 code (incorrect time)
    11.Put friends moded drive in mine fixes issue.
    12.I place my drive in again and power up get error code 05. (Unlocked)(Mod Off)
    13.I put friends drive back in and still get unlocked error. (Mod Off)
    14.I try friends drive again with Mod on and still get blank screen with flashing red light.
    How do I get mine to lock, I can't seem to locate the Key in my saved information from the old drive.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. aaeas

aaeas Member

I forgot to add, I decide to use Slayers to rebuld a new drive from scratch. Same issue if I attempt power up wit mod on... sits there and flashes red light.

Turn mod off, get error 07 for time out issue on Kernal.

Will not boot cd either.

3. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

I must be lost because I still don't know what's the problem really. So you tried to upgrade the hdd and now it's flashing red/green with modchip turned on, and then with modchip turned off it brings up error 7 which is a hdd timeout, meaning the hdd is either unlocked/dead/bad ide cable. Now why the error on the modchip on, that sounds like a wiring issue, does it restart three times then flash or just flash? does it boot up or not?

Just more info that might help me more,
    Degalle

4. aaeas

aaeas Member

Ok, when the mod is on, it flashes of and on three times. Then comes back on and sits there with a blank screen. I looked at the wires again and found docs on X3. which showed two diagrams for solder points. I soldered opposite to what I had and it recognized the drive and loaded up but now back to controller coming disconnected issue. I reset the controler card back on the board thinking that it was something with that... Then in testing I noticed, I have 6 controllers all xbox brand (and are all black)and 1 new controller- just bought last week(green eb games one)and they all give me the same error please reconnect controller to console and press A. Then I have two older ones from a friend. The green halo one(from xbox) and a blue one (from xbox). These work fine on the box. I don't really understand why none of mine work but these two do and the one I just bought brand new doesn't work either...

5. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

So what is this controller card? What does it do and reseting it? what does that do? It fails on all ports, and does the controller that does work, does it work with all ports? What game is this for or does it do that on dashboard? Are they all the same types of controllers? (IE: Big one or the S controller, off-brand, etc).

What about with the mod off? does it boot or no? if it does boot without mod on, does this controller problem still occur?

Let us know,
    Degalle