1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error please insert disc 1. Help!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Jynx77, Aug 3, 2004.

1. haz2288

haz2288 Member

i still havent got throw yet i went out last night and got a genuine copy and i still get the same message and i can't Fugging get throw i have been and sistem hold for so long i can sing the tune they were playing.

2. Zykloned

Zykloned Member

Yup, anticipation of DOOM 3. went out and spend my hard-earned 60 dollars, and guess what!? Please insert Doom 3 Disc one. Yes my computer can MORE than run this. RIDICULOUS. Not to mention I can't return opened software to Best buy to get another copy (If that would even work) So Im out 60 bucks until there is a fix...Which there BETTER be ASAP. We need a Solution fast

Last edited: Aug 6, 2004
  3. Jynx77

Jynx77 Guest

Nvm. I found the crack a few days ago. Close this thread if you want.

And yeah I bought the game... so :p

4. orbitttt

orbitttt Member

Same dam thing! (doom3) Also true crimes does the same thing. keeps asking for disk 1. I tried 3 diffrent cdroms hp,sony,lite on with no luck..... Could someone throw me a bone .

Last edited: Aug 7, 2004
  5. Banditus

Banditus Member

Get this, an activision rep suggested I check forums, he said "There are work-arounds for this problem, however, they are not supported or endorsed by us."

So basically, he just told me to get a no-cd crack. It also appears as though they aren't taking this problem very seriously. If I don't see a patch/fix for this within a week, I'm going to demand a refund for the game, and I suggest anyone else experiencing this problem should do the same.

6. Zykloned

Zykloned Member

Ridiculous. My brother works for Raven Software, and Activision produces their games. I'm going to tell him to look into it and stuff. (He's working on Quake 4) One of his co-workers said to "Hold shift while inserting disc 1" but I couldn't try because I already have the no-cd crack myself, and in order to do that, i would have to get the original doom.exe file (Reinstall) So i'll wait a bit longer...

7. Banditus

Banditus Member

The hold shift thing didn't work for me, I tried all of the generic suggestions. I'm confident that the only thing that will fix this is a patch, or a new disc one that doesn't have such poorly implemented copy protection.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It's a shame this is happening for the simple reason that many of the people who paid for the software are getting the shaft for doing so.

So much for discouraging piracy.

9. radpin

radpin Member

Just wanted to add in:

I had a lan party at my place this weekend, and someone had some burned copies of doom 3. I had planned on buying the game anyway (all the local copies are sold out in San Diego), because I like not having to worry about hacked software on my machine; it just doesn't seem to run as good, and there are too many issues.

So we install the three cd's (did this on a bunch of people's machines) using a key generator. Everyone's machine worked except for mine.

64bit AMD 3200+
    saphire ati
    1 gig of dual channel memory
    sata drives, etc, etc, etc.... not a hardware issue

I was getting that weird cd error, and then found out that it's because of my drive? Apparently the liteon dvd burning drives have a tendency to make this happen?

So then I got the "nocd" .exe, and I can't get past the initial elevator sequence; the exe barfs out. What's really stupid is that according to what I've read here and elsewhere, even if I payed for this game, ID still wont do anything to help me, except tell me to get the nocd mod, and I know that doesn't work...

Either way, I uninstalled doom 3 (since now it's just taking up hard drive space), and wont be buying this until they get their act together. I'm just glad I saved the money and didn't get burned like some of you guys.

Great game; too bad it had to get ruined like this. I saw others playing it; looked cool.

I have no emulation anything. I have dvd xcopy, nero, and a couple of other things on my machine, but that's about it.

10. Nephilim

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  11. haz2288

haz2288 Member

hi there its me again i finally got throgh and all the man could say to me is we reconise the problem and there will be a patch out soon but in the meen time look in forums for to see what other people have used inorder to get round it. so he has told me indirectly to get a no-cd thing am i right in saying that. and if i am right then should he realy be talling me to do that it seems the people who buy the real doom3 are being punished for doing so lol.

12. CalCobra

CalCobra Guest

I've given up on activision, I mean how long are we supposed to wait? I was pissed becuase I rushed to Best Buy who was selling it at a premium of $55 (full retail) just to get my hands on it as I've been waiting for years to play this and then it doesn't work. I went to gamecopyworld.com and used the no cd patch....it's pathetic when you have to use a non-activision patch to play a legit copy of their game :(

13. Nephilim

You're alright Haz, we just don't want to get too specific about those things :)

14. haz2288

haz2288 Member

Thanks m8. em now i can play the game i found one other floor that is u can have ur gun out at the same time as ur flash and boy is this a jumpy game i could not sit still. the patch should be out on the 08/26/2004.

15. isprog

isprog Member

Has anyone solved the the problems regards installing Doom 3 and on the 2nd CD it cant find "pak001.pk4" ? And before you ask, YES we ARE installing from orginal CD's. We are installing from a BTC DVD Dual DVDRW writer. We are trying to install on my son's machine.

As a trial we tried to install on my computer and it worked fine. Had to turn of CloneCD Hide CD Media to run the game, but that was no problem.

Uninstalled it from my machine and uninstalled all CD/DVD writing software - CloneCD, BlindWrite, Nero from my son's machine and still the same problem - cant find "pak001.pk4" !!!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

16. haz2288

haz2288 Member

don't really know what to say about that sounds straing to me did u put the cd drive in ur pc and it worked if not i would say its the laser on it but if it worked in ur pc with the same drive then man i aint got a clue. and in my last post i typed u can have the gun out at the same time as ur flash i ment u can't

17. Nephilim

Hi,

If you're getting this from a factory I'd most definitely exchange it for a new one. As I said before, that shouldn't happen with a factory disc :)

18. CalCobra

CalCobra Guest

Activisions wisdom asked me to upgrade my motherboard (Nvidia nForce2 Ultra400 Chipset on a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 motherboard) drivers and states that should fix the issue. What do you guys think about this? I installed new drivers about 8 months ago, not sure how this could factor into a cd check failure?

19. Nephilim

I've no idea how updating your chipset drivers would help this especially if everything else is working fine. Did Activision explain why this might help?

20. Baller24

Baller24 Member

I got a question bout the no cd crack when ever i run it, it says openGL then it won't run it will juss stop can anyone help me?