1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error please insert disc 1. Help!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Jynx77, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Baller24

Baller24 Member

I got a question bout the no cd crack when ever i run it, it says openGL then it won't run it will juss stop can anyone help me?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. CalCobra

CalCobra Guest

This is the thread from my last few exchanges with Activision tech support:

Response (Sam Akiki) 08/10/2004 10:08 AM

Hello,

There was a problem with older motherboard drivers that caused a conflict with the CD check. Please update the motherboard drivers. If you have any further questions feel free to contact us.

Customer 08/10/2004 10:07 AM

Can you explain what "Go to http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers and get the latest Nforce drivers for your motherboard chipset." will do for me to make the game run? Why is your game dependant on my motherboard drivers, or are you just guesing? IS THIS GOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM?

Come on guys, IS THERE GOING TO BE A PATCH FROM ACTIVISION OR NOT????

Response (Sam Akiki) 08/10/2004 09:54 AM

Hello,

Go to http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=drivers and get the latest Nforce drivers for your motherboard chipset.

Customer 08/09/2004 05:16 PM

The only burning software installed is B's Recorder GOLD5 that came with my burner:

http://www.bhacorp.com/support/faq_gold5/index.html

As I don't see this getting resolved in the near future and I see from searching on the web that there are some "no cd cracks", should I just install one of these. I'm getting impatient and rushed out to be one of the first to get D3, and paid the full $55 (closer to $60 w/tax) and it's useless so far. Is there going to be a cd check patch soon from Activision/ID?

Thanks - Brian

4. Zykloned

Zykloned Member

If you do get a no-cd crack (Which I did...) Make sure you get the RIGHT one. There are ones containing worms. Hint: Gamecopyworld.

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Doom III is Safedisc 3.20.022 cd protected (CD 1, I'm pretty sure). If you don't have a Plex Premium (52\32\52x) to make a working backup, then I recommend that if you own more than 1 pc then get a "no cd patch" and modify disc 2 or 3.

6. Kama215

Kama215 Member

Hello, my name is steve and i have downloaded doom3 off of xxxxxxxx. I have burned it on 3 discs, and installed the game successfully. Now when i click play game, it says to insert disc 1, which is in there. So i decided to try using Daemon tools, so i dont need the cd, but i click play game, and it just doesnt run... Anyways, i REALLY need a no cd crack or something, my AIM is Kam and my email i check very often is xxxxxxxx.net please email or im me with this no cd thing, i would really appreciate it. I must play this game before i buy, in that if i like it, i will buy it. My parents do not want me to get a game before i try it, so this is the only way, so please help me.

NO email post allowed! [b/]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2004
  7. Banditus

Banditus Member

Sorry, but we're not here to help those who don't purchase the game. Downloading software without paying for it is piracy, and is illegal. Please make sure you're familiar with the forum rules and regulations before you post here.

8. Peccable

Peccable Member

CalCobra - what they told you about the motherboard may be true. I have had to do the same thing (with the same motherboard as you) when I installed Call of Duty and it took the problem away. Now I am having the same problem with Doom 3, but I had a hard drive crash a few weeks ago, so my drivers may not be reinstalled.

If it seems to take care of the issue, I'll be sure to post. Otherwise one may be finding a similar and dirty solution as the rest of my poor fellow thread readers.

Good luck

9. Nephilim

Hi Peccable,

Please keep us informed if the chipset update helps.

I admit I was skeptical but these protections get weirder and weirder as far as the hoops you have to jump through to get them to work so who knows anymore :)

10. worms

worms Guest

hey all
    ive had the same cd error problem but i also get the same problem for "splinter cell, pandora tomorow", "call of duty" and of course "doom3"
    that is close to $300 dollars worth of games that will install but just won't work. im not sure i would call it a game error as it seems to be a common error in other games also.
    i think our time would be more wisely used pestering microsoft about how to fix this frustration.
    when you go out and spend a s**t load of money on a top of the line system and buy the latest games and they don't even work, it makes the hardcore PC gamer seirously think about using consoles instead of PCs.

thats enough out of me
    lets hear someone else complain

11. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Installing latest VGA drivers ISN'T the fix for Doom 3. Why a moron represenative would tell you that is literally absurd. The game is Safedisc 3.20.022 cd protected (CD 1), a new version. If you own a legal copy and need to make a backup, then get a no cd patch. I read at many forums that the Plex Premium (52\32\54x), the Lite-ON (52\32\52x) and Asus (52\32\52x) have had success backing up Doom 3 (CD 1) reading the image slow and burning slow. (4x)
    I can't run any type of "emulation software" (CloneCD, Alcohol 120%& Daemon Tools) when trying to play CD 1.

12. realistix

realistix Guest

Hello,

Can I just point out to the Moderators of this forum that talking about and the use of no-cd patched is completely LEGAL. As long as an original of the product is owned by the user then there is nothing illegal about using a no-cd patch. They are designed so that genuine users can back up their own games.
    The only time you should only be criticising those who are using a no-cd patch for ILLEGALLY downloaded games.

You shouldn't be scaring your formus users and confusing them with misleading and unfounded statements.

Ironic how nobody with an illegal copy of the game is having this problem.

13. Peccable

Peccable Member

Well the chipset update didn't work. It definitely worked for Call of Duty, which I remember distinctly thinking was awfully strange at the time. But it's a no-go for Doom3. At least with my Gigabyte board.

I did not try to retrieve updated drivers for my generic Samsung CD-RW/DVD drive and opted to go the route of some others in this forum so that I could actually get in there and start playing.

It's a great game so far and a downright shame that this copy protection problem had to happen.

-Peccable

14. pandymen

pandymen Guest

Well, my friends and I went out and bought the game when it came out. I'm running a dell laptop, and the four of us all have homebrew PCs (with vid cards upgraded specifically to play this game). Needless to say, we got this error in 3 of our 4 computers. Two of us have lite-on drives and I have an older CD drive.

What are the chances? Luckily, I had an external plextor burner for my lappie, and it actually read the cds properly. We were able to install off of that.

15. Nephilim

Can I just point out to you that A) you're mistaken and B) the admins make the rules here. You can argue all you want but you're not going to get anywhere :)

16. worms

worms Guest

yes i agree that it is illegal to use no-cd cracks and no amount of complaining is about to change that
    but what the hell are we supposed to do?
    we could quite easily download pirated versions, but no we go out and buy it because we know that if nobody bought the games then there would be nobody willing to make the games for nothing. ive downloaded the crack as a last resort because nothing is being done to fix this monumental cock up.

17. Shoey

Shoey Guest

According to United States law, we are entitled to one backup of any software we purchase. If that software has a cd protection that we can't backup, then the only alternative is to use a "no cd patch" (PC game related). We here at Afterdawn forums encourage all members to try and make a backup with such software as CloneCD, Alcohol 120%, or Blindwrite 5& BlindWrite Suite 4.5.7. If our hardware and software can't get the job done, I have no problems with others using a "no cd patch. I'm using a "no cd patch" for Doom 3 because no software nor my hardware can make a working backup. Doom 3 detects any "emulation" software installed on your pc (nonsense) if you ask me, nullifying any attempt to run CD 1 via virtual stealth drive(Alcohol 120%& Daemon Tools), or hide cd-r(CloneCD).
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]MSI KT6V-LSR MS-7021
    AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'd to 3400+)
    1 Gig Corsair XMS PC3200 (OC'd DDR500)
    MSI MS Starforce nVidia GeForce FX5500(256 DDR)
    Maxtor ATA\133 200 gig
    Lite-ON LTD165H DVD-ROM
    Lite-ON LDW411S DVD-Burner[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2004
  18. realistix

realistix Guest

Just read the "Updated rules".

Hilarious!!!

Whatever happened to freedom of speech??

This place is turning into a prison.

Watch your backs guys!

19. Shoey

Shoey Guest

No links were provided on this thread to get a "no cd patch" for Doom 3. If you need a "no cd patch" then look somewhere else. All I'm saying that Macrovision (makers of Safedisc) have gone overboard on this latest cd protection. The cd protection violates my rights to make a working backup, let alone not allow me to read the image and play with emulation or run a virtual stealth drive! No rules have been broken here as long as you DON'T provide a link to a "no cd patch."

20. VenumX

VenumX Member

My suggestion to all of you...get an illegal copy of doom 3...get a legal copy of doom 3...install using the illegal copy of doom 3...and insert the key that u get on the box of the legal one...everything at this point is perfectly legal, because it is just like having a back up of the game...therefore it is not warez...and then after installing with the illegal copy...just find a cd key search on google for something like "doom 3 no-cd" and you will find it, good luck guys works for me