1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error reading CD-XA? on liteon LTR-52246S

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by 930, Aug 28, 2003.

1. 930

930 Member

i cannot read CD-R's on the drive with which they were written! they just dont get recognised and if i try to access the drive it returns 'D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect funciton'.

Liteon LTR-52246S CD-RW IDE secondary master.
    Liteon LTN-483S CD-ROM IDE secondary slave.
    i have reformatted and re-installed windows since i made these CD's using WinISO & Blindwrite on Win2K SP4.
    I have used these discs on this drive before.
    Firmware is latest
    The CD-R's that DONT work on this drive DO work on other drives (incl. CD-ROM drive in besopke computer).

Now when i use 'Analyse CD' option in CDRWIN 5.05.001 with one of the non-working discs in the suspect drive it reports 'Session 1 ([bold]CD-XA[/bold])_
    Traack 1, Mode: 2, Status: complete'

discs that DO work on this drive seem to have 'Session 1 ([bold]CD-ROM[/bold])'.

Can my drive suddenly not read CD-XA?
    Is my CD-RW drive badgered?

I am p*ssed off with this problem.

Please help if you can, i would help u guys if i knew enough about something.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I've read more negative posts about Service Pack 4 for Win2k Pro, consider uninstalling.
    I believe there is a LiteOn utility at the LiteOn main website to help you. Try burnatonce or FireBurner to see if you encounter the same problem.

Shoey :)

4. 930

930 Member

Thanks [bold]Praetor[/bold] and [bold]Shoey[/bold] for your advice.

Installing the latest Adaptec ASPI layer didnt help.

I ran these discs on Win2K SP4 before do you think i should really uninstall seeing as the discs can be read on other systems running same SP?

The only 'Liteon Utility' that i found
    (http://www.liteonit.com/ODD/zip/SMARTBURN.zip)
    reported:

i dont know if that makes a difference becuase i think its a problem with the drive rather than the media (these discs are successfully used in older cd-rom drives). I'm thinking maybe the drives bust.

im gonna try the drive in another machine tonite, with the subject disks to eliminate the OS, or not :).

once again thX for helping.