1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error Towards End of Burning Process

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by amanson, Mar 11, 2006.

1. amanson

amanson Member

I've already tried to burn files using Alkohol's guide permiggs. How do I do a simulation?
    By the way, when I've tried to burn the files, the conversion would go fine, it's just the burning process which fails every time.
    Also, there are logs in this thread, just go up and look at the logs I posted. Gwendolin has already tried helping me in vain.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  2. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Oh, i just noticed your burner's firmware is way out of date...
    here's the latest:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software3/COL2251/dv-18855-1/dvd200_172.exe

This is a major reason why your burner doesn't like the media.

Do this: Throw your AVI into Vision Express just like uncle Alkohol said but instead of burning, save it to your HDD. Try it using Power DVD or something like that to make sure the movie is fine, then open Express and do a simulation from there... That way you won't have to recode the whole AVI and you won't waste another disk...

3. amanson

amanson Member

Ok I tried installing the latest frimware, but this message appeared on my screen: This HP Firmware Upgrade utility requires that your original CD-writer or DVD Wrier software be installed on your computer. Please reinstal your original CD or DVD writer software, and make sure HP RecordNow (or HP MyCD) has been successfully installed.

4. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Eh?!? Never heard that before!

Do have that cd? If not, have a google for it. In case you get stuck, contact the store where you bought the pc and ask for it.

5. amanson

amanson Member

I have updated the firmware. I will attempt to burn a DVD once again. Thank you so much for your help permiggs! I had already looked for a firmware update, including on the HP website, for my DVD writer but hadn't found one. How did you find it?

6. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

C'mon, if i told you, you would know as much as me and i wouldn't need to be here helping you... ;)

7. amanson

amanson Member

Fine. Then can you tell me how to do a simulation on Nero Express please? :p

Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  8. amanson

amanson Member

I am burning a DVD!!! It's working!!! For the 1st time!!!! I love you permiggs!!! Let's not get too carried away, because I'll still have to check whether the DVD is playable.

9. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Way to go mate... Hopefully it will work!
    Now, easy on the *cough* 'love you' *cough* part... LOL

10. amanson

amanson Member

Ok the burn worked, and I was able to play the DVD on a standard DVD player. Only thing is the motion is very slightly jerky... Only very slightly though, but enough for it to be slightly irritating!

11. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

I would blame the original AVI for that...

12. MaxBurn

MaxBurn Regular member

Great job there miggs! Now you see what kind of fun we have in the nero logs area. Fun, but scary sometimes LOL.. Its also why it helps to be a little bit crazy here. :)

13. permiggs

permiggs Regular member

Thanks Max! Yeah, sometimes it gets a bit annoying when you're trying to get it going but the thing just doesn't go forward...

I'm having trouble with my burner actually, it's resetting for some reason, can't figure it out! But never mind, i'll suss it out, eventually i'll just download something that's gonna make it work!