1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error when burning some DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stevendw, Feb 3, 2005.

1. stevendw

stevendw Member

Hey. Im using Dvd X Copy Platinum on WinXP Sp2. I have backed-up many DVD's with it before, but sometimes I get a DVD that gives me an error when I try to copy it, such as "The Grude" and "Resident Evil: Apocalypse". Those 2 movies of mine give me some sort of read error after a few minutes of readint it. Anyone else ever run into anything like this? Any idea on how to fix it, or copy them? Thanks!

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

If you use the latest version of DVD Decrypter and then use DVD Shrink to compress or re-author you should be fine.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I couldn't do it with dvd shrink alone. My anydvd was turned off. After I turned anydvd on,shrink had no trouble,ripping. I did main movie only.

Both those movies would not let dvd shrink do the initial quick analyzation and give a "crc error".

You can get anydvd 21 day free trial here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvdrippers/anydvd.cfm

Super dvd copy also successful at ripping those 2 movies,it wouldn't work on some others like little black book, i'm still on it's free trial.

With all the new encryptions coming out,anydvd is well worth the price.Any dvd should work you you also,other dvdxcopy users had success with it.
    Good Luck steven

4. stevendw

stevendw Member

Thanks fellas! I used anyDVD then ran Shrink to get main movie, then it went straight to nero and burnt it. The backup looks great!